cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre 65

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 21

Hi We have just renewed. Of course promised minimum 36 which is so far all we are getting and yet when I put in our address for a fibre 65 deal the minimum promised is 55 why? Up until  we renewd we were getting at least 42, how come since we renewed things have got worse. Not very happy. Can any CEO help.

Thanks

Not an expert at much just like to learn about as many things as I can
0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Good morning,

I've re-checked the connection stats again now and the sync speed has remained consistent/the same since I last checked. How has your connection/speed been over the last 24hrs?

Thanks

0 Likes

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 21

Hi Michelle

Have you tried another test.?

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 3 of 21

Hello,

Ok, I understand. Speeds can vary between different copper lines. The guaranteed speeds are provided by Openreach as to what speeds they think the lines are capable of and this can vary slightly between different lines, even lines which are close by. As your sync speed has been increasing gradually over the last week then it's possible that the sync speed may continue to increase a bit more if your connection continues to remain stable. I'll re-check your connection stats again in 24hrs to see if there has been any further increase in speed. Just to add, wireless speeds will tend to be slightly slower than a wired connection.

I hope this helps 🙂

Thanks

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 21

Hi the speed is sometimes 41 . Regarding the 55  mentioned, that is guaranteed speed to other numbers in our road on the same fibre 65 plan yet we are told  we are guaranteed 36mpbs. Is that 👍. Sorry just need to understand. Not very tech friendly OAP.

Thanks Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

Hello,

Thank you for trying this. What speeds are you seeing now? The throughput speeds are usually around 80% of the sync speed. I'm not sure what you mean as the sync speed is 57mb, apologies for the confusion.

Thanks

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 21

Hi Michelle

Have done as requested it seems better than it was . However it doesn't answer my question re offering guaranteed speeds of 55 in my road for new customers on fibre65.

Thank you Michelle for your understanding 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. If you have a chance then could you try powering down the router for a full 30 minutes and then retest the speeds again as this will reset the current session and can often increase the throughput speeds.

Thanks

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 21

Thanks  my current speed is 39  and 12 upload unwired, and the speed to router yesterday 49.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

Hi,

The current sync speed is 57mb. What speeds are you seeing at the moment? Could you also confirm if this is a wired or wireless speed please?

Thanks

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 21

Thank you we have checked and the speed is unstable sometimes as low as 28 and then sometimes 40 . It's not good when other in my road are offered speed 55 and uploads  between 24-29 guaranteed by TT. Why we cannot have it, we don't understand.

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Morning,

I'm really  sorry to hear that.

I've re-checked the connection stats and I can see that the sync speed has increased again since we last checked. Have you noticed any change in speed?

Thanks

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 21

Thank you so much for your kind words we have been at his bedside all night so exhausted. Have managed to do as you requested. We notice that on TT page that fibre 65 is on offer to our neighbours house with guaranteed speeds of 55 and uploads 24-29. We have that difficult to comprehend. 

Thank you Karl for your supoort

0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

Hi  

I'm so sorry and will keep your father in my thoughts and prayers. I'll be here if you need to get back to me, but I do understand that your focus will be with your family.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 21

Hi Karl 

Thank you it was appreciated your good wishes sadly he won't recover. We are just off again to hospital. 

Thank you for the check on our speeds they are much better this am will keep an eye on them when we can and get back to you .

Thanks again

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

Hi

So sorry to hear about your father, please accept our best wishes for his recovery.

Your sync speed has improved to 49mb currently, please let me know what speeds you are now seeing, when you are able.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 21

Hi we have been urgently called to dad's as he is seriously ill just got home will be having to be returning to hospital so unable to do the necessary plug in as requested but we just checked several times and only getting 23 we just don't need to be chasing TT up presently can you please find out why all of sudden this has happened since we re contracted. 

Thank you for your understanding 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

Hi

as soon as you do, just let us know, we'll always be here.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 21

Thank you will do as soon as we can and let you know when . We are not agile and it is awkward.

Thanks again

0 Likes

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 21

Thank you . We will do , and let you know when do e as it is awkward and we aren't young.

Thanks again

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 20 of 21

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line which is clear. Does your main socket have a test socket please? If it does then would it be possible to connect the microfilter, router and phone at the test socket for 24-48hrs so we can see if DLM makes any changes to the speed please?

Thanks