cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre 900 with Eero - recent Internet issues

Celmate
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

I have a 2x Eero setup at home. One device is in the home office, connected to a PC via a cable, and it connects wirelessly to the gateway.

I'm currently abroad and need to connect to my computer remotely. Everything was working great until Friday (as it has been in the recent past when I needed this solution), but since then, I’ve been experiencing severe connection issues. It started with a significant increase in latency, leading to a dropped connection and a notification in the app that the gateway was offline. After about two hours, the connection was restored, and it worked fine for a few hours. However, the issue has recurred frequently since then. Sometimes, restarting the network using the app restores the connection, but it only lasts a short while before the problem reappears. If a restart doesn’t help, the connection typically restores automatically after a few hours.

The situation is getting progressively worse. Even when the gateway appears to be connected to the Internet, the network remains extremely unstable, and the speeds are poor.

Celmate_1-1730039716931.png

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Celmate
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 5

Port forwarding isn’t required, but I set it up in hopes of improving the connection, which it didn’t. The software creates a direct P2P connection.

The speed test in the app shows similar results, but without the visible jumps in speeds and packet loss, which is why I posted the screenshot from a third-party website. The gateway hasn’t seemed to go offline since I stopped using the computer remotely this afternoon, but those speed and stability problems persist even when I’m not connected to the PC now. Previously, these issues started occurring right before the gateway went offline.

I suspect the disconnections were initially caused by the amount of upload during the remote sessions.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Thanks for confirming this. I am not familiar with Parsec, does it require any port forwarding? Alternatively, does your Home PC connect to a server of theirs and when away from home, you also have to connect to the same server?

I know this might be difficult, but what is the speed over the ONT as reported by the eero app when the problem exists & how good is the backhaul connection between the gateway & extender eero mesh nodes at that time also?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Celmate
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Hi Keith,

The device I meant is the second Eero. My home PC is connected to it via a network cable, while the connection between the two Eeros is wireless. There were no issues with that connection in the past; they were operating at full speed and are not far apart.

I’m remoting into my home PC from a laptop using Parsec.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Can you please provide some more information related to this issue? What exactly is this device that you mention here:-

"One device is in the home office, connected to a PC via a cable, and it connects wirelessly to the gateway."

• What device is this that is connected to the PC via an Ethernet cable?
  • I assume that the PC connects via WiFi to the gateway eero?
  • When the problem happens, how good is the WiFi connection between the PC & the gateway eero?
  • Are you trying to manage this device or the PC, remotely & what software are you using to achieve this?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes