cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fluctuating Internet Speed

TimmyP
Participant
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

I have had Fibre 35 for the past 2.5 years. Absolutely delighted with it. However, since Sunday the speed has been fluctuating wildly. I used to get a fixed maximum speed of around 33 Mbps, over the past 3 days, the maximum has been around 27, then dropping to 18, then dropping to 10. I keep performing a soft router reboot which seems to do a good job of getting the speed back to 27, for it to lose speed again. It's very frustrating. Any ideas? 

Tim Pearson
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi TimmyP

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi Debbie - thanks for the prompt. Yes, I have received the new router. I was going to leave it a few days before reporting back to you to allow time for me to fully monitor whether I was still experiencing speed fluctuations. However, I'm happy to report a positive outcome. After I had set up the new router and conducted a speed test, the speed instantly surged from 25-28 Mbps (old router) to 32-33 Mbps (new router) and so far (after 48 hours) no fluctuations in speed. So I think we can safely assume that the old router was failing. I will pack up the old router and send it back to you. Thank you for your continued help and support. 

Tim Pearson

Message 3 of 9

Hi TimmyP

How are you getting on, have you received the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi TimmyP

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection/speed compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

TimmyP
Participant
Private Message
Message 5 of 9

Thanks for getting it touch again, Michelle. Yes, do please send a replacement router - Huawei-DG8041W. Yes, fine for you to send me a replacement bag and I will return one back to you - no problem.

Tim Pearson

Message 6 of 9

Hi Timmy,

We sure can. We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned to us, would this be ok?

Thanks

Michelle

TimmyP
Participant
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Thank you for getting in touch, Michelle. I don't have any other devices connected wired. Alas, I don't have an alternative router which I could test, however, would it be possible for you to send me another router? My router is about 3 years old - maybe it's failing?

Tim Pearson
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Morning Timmy,

Sorry to hear this. I've run a few tests on your line now which are clear and the sync speed also look consistent. Can I just ask, do you have any devices connected wired? If so do they also fluctuate in speed? Do you have an alternative router that you could also test with please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes