cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Forced to cancel due to move

karstdejong
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

After talking to  chat agent earlier this week, it appears that my new property does not have services available and there is no option to send an engineer out either. Really disappointed about this and frankly rather surprised as I am only moving 10 minutes down the road. Are there specific restrictions to the Fibre 35 contract that I have that would prevent such a move?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Terms and conditions say:

17.2 We’ll try our best to transfer the services but, if we can’t transfer some or all of them, and any are in the minimum period, you may have to pay the charges to the end of the minimum period.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Has anyone experienced this perhaps? Having to upgrade in order to facilitate a move? Just wondering if there any other option then cancel here. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

I did over chat, yes. The agent looked and apparently the system told them that the transfer was not possible? I have a contract until December next year so I would really prefer to stay. And if I need to upgrade then that's no issue at all for me. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

When you spoke to us earlier was it with the homemove team?   I cant see any reason why the service cant be transferred.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

I checked it there and it is giving me the option to go from Full Fibre 150 to Fibre 65. So I don't really understand why I was told nothing could be done? 

I sent you a private message with the address Arne. 

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi karstdejong

It sounds like there is no physical line at the new property what happens when you search the new address on our fibre checker https://new.talktalk.co.uk/broadband/fttp

0 Likes