cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Full Fibre Broadband

pickers
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hi

I'm getting nowhere talking to the talktalk agents.  Basically I'm on a Fibre 35 contract which runs out in a few days.  I want to upgrade to full fibre but when I go into my account it says full fibre is not available.  Two agents I've spoken to say full fibre isn't available but another one said it was!  There's an Openreach full fibre box about 20 feet from my front door and both of my neighbours are on full fibre with other suppliers.  Openreach have confirmed that full fibre can be provided to my house.  I want to stay with Talktalk but I can't get anyone to say definitely whether full fibre is available or not.  Help!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

We still have to buy capacity,  even though the infrastructure is there doesn't mean its available immediately. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Openreach saying it is available is telling you something totally different from ISP availability, @pickers.

Even with copper landlines, not all ISPs provide a service everywhere. 

Full Fibre can be in the ground but available as a service only through one or two providers for many months / years.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

pickers
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

Hi Arne

I still don't understand as Openreach say full fibre is available to my house and both my neighbours have full fibre.  I've randomly checked a couple of other providers and I can see that Vodaphone and Plusnet say full fibre is available.  I assume Talktalk  just haven't taken up the availability yet, so now I've got to decide whether to switch suppliers, which I really don't want to do.

But many thanks for getting back to me.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi pickers

I can confirm that sadly Full Fibre is not available through TalkTalk at this time, as the move away from copper intensifies that will change and we will let you know when that happens. 

Sorry

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

If it's not showing on the system yet, you can't order it through Talktalk yet, @pickers.

Having it in the street isn't relevant, I'm afraid. 

Keep checking availability from time to time - it can't be set up through forum support though.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes