cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

G.fast 150 dial up speeds

Diogenes1993
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

My G.fast connection dropped to Kbps in both upload and download.   I have reported the fault on 15/03/2023 and there is one entry that says resolved and the other still in progress.  

I am not sure when the fault will be resolved or if I qualify for automatic compensation. 

Screenshot (6).pngScreenshot (11).png
lol lutu
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Morning,

Thanks for confirming and I'm glad to hear that the speeds have improved.

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Diogenes1993
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 17

Confirmed fixed in MK42 0LU area

Screenshot (31).png
lol lutu
0 Likes

Diogenes1993
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 17

Appears to be fixed. 

Will power down for 30min and provide update then. 

Screenshot (29).png
lol lutu
0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Hi

Is there a way to get an update once the Bedford slow speed issue is resolved?

Screenshot (25).png
lol lutu
0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi,

Apologies, I've asked the team if they can take another look to see if they can see any further issues.

Thanks

Message 6 of 17

Hi

Wired

Turned of the openreach modem waited 30min turned it back on. 

Latency is high again 220ms and speed is low.  21Mbps far below 100Mbps. 

See picture attached. 

Screenshot (19).png
Screenshot (19).pngScreenshot (20).pngScreenshot (21).pngScreenshot (22).png
lol lutu
0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hi,

I'm just checking to see if you saw my last post? Are you also running the speed test wired or wireless?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Ping (latency) improved from 500ms down to 8ms speed still below 100Mbps minimum guarantee

Screenshot (17).png
lol lutu
0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Hi,

Apologies for the confusion, the fault has only just been resolved so we'd recommend trying the 30 minute router power down again.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi

Did exactly that. 

Speed still far below minimum guaranteed 100Mbps

Screenshot (14).png

Screenshot (15).pngScreenshot (16).png
lol lutu
0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Hi,

This should now be resolved. If there is no change in speed then please can you try a 30 minute router power down please as this will reset the current session.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Morning,

Apologies for the confusion. This is currently under investigation with our team who are working to resolve this now and we're hoping to receive more updates on this shortly.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Can u state the link speed?

Because the problem still persists. 

Also I have a (open case) fault still active when I log into my account.   So no idea why your test passed. 

Also no update to date from the engineers as stated in chat. 

Chat transcript from 15/03/2023

john
|
14:34 PM
Thank you for this, Piotr. There appears to be an incident related to your line or local exchange. If you give me a moment I’ll check for more information for you.
john
|
14:35 PM
It seems that there is an on going outage within your area, Piotr. The good news is our engineers are now working on it. Since you have me online. I will document everything here for the engineer.
You
|
14:36 PM
ok thank you
john
|
We will make sure that everything will be fixed in no time. Since you have me also. I will be now enrolling you to our Outage system that you will received an update regarding with this. Can you provide me your registered mobile number?
You
|
john
|
14:37 PM
I will now also raised this for a possible and since this is an outage you are highly applicable on that. All of the days that you are experiencing this will be credited back to you.
You
|
14:37 PM
thank you
john
|
14:38 PM
Thank you for this. You will be receiving an update regarding with the outage from also our engineers as well. Rest assured that this will be fixed quickly. I've already enrolled also your number here.

lol lutu
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 17

Hi Diogenes1993

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and the sync speed looks good.

Please can you power down the router for a full 30 minutes and then run another speed test?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 17

@Diogenes1993, this can be checked by staff and they will assess whether an engineer visit is required  / new router or whatever. 

Full details of auto-compensation are here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

It's not likely to be given as it is not a total loss of service (though dreadful compared with what you should be getting!).

Staff will be back during the day on Friday but won't be on here at the weekend.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Diogenes1993
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 16 of 17

And that's today so it clearly was not fixed yesterday. 

Screenshot (12).png
lol lutu
0 Likes