cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fiber 150 Unusable Speeds in past 24 hours

marc84
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 18 of 18

Hi there,

I have a fiber 150 GFast connection and have been getting speeds close to that for the past couple of years. However for the past 24 hours the connection has been unusable with downloads speeds of only 1Mbps, uploads speeds of 2mbps and latency of 334ms (talk talks own speed check).

I contacted TalkTalk webchat yesterday who said that the issue was likely setup and that they would send out a chargeable "BrightSparks" engineer for next week!

However my setup has worked fine for some time with no recent changes.

To prove that the issue is not with my router, I have disconnected my router and plugged a CAT6 cable directly from my laptop into the OpenReach modem. The problem remains (speeds around 1Mbs) while connected directly to the OpenReach Modem. Therefore I can't see how it can be my "set up". Im not sure how much help a BrightSparks engineer is going to be. Surly this will need a OpenReach engineer to troubleshoot?

I also tried powering down the OpenReach modem over night last night, and this did not help.

17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay and thanks for confirming.

Thanks

0 Likes

marc84
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 18

Hi Karl,

Just to confirm, all is still ok.

I have contacted WebChat to cancel the BrightSparks visit.

Screenshot 2023-03-17 205537.jpegScreenshot 2023-03-17 205836.jpeg

marc84
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 18

Hi Karl,

The issue now seems to be resolved.

Are you able to cancel the BrightSparks engineer that is booked to visit on Tuesday or will I need to be back in contact with web chat to cancel that?

Many thanks for your help with this matter.

Marc

Screenshot 2023-03-17 173454.jpeg

Screenshot 2023-03-17 174221.jpeg

Message 4 of 18

Hi

OK, thanks for confirming. As we still have some reports coming in, we have taken this back to our Network teams to confirm the issue is not fully resolved and they will continue to investigate.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

marc84
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 18

Hi Karl,

I powered down my router and the OpenReach Modem for around 45 minutes and powered back on. There is very little improvement unfortunately. Download speeds of 2.3Mbs, Upload of 2.7Mbs and latency of 340.2ms (wired) on SamKnows.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

Hi Marc

Are speeds still showing low.  The outage may be ongoing as we still have a couple of reports of speed issues for your exchange.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Hi

I've been advised that the outage should now be cleared.

Can you power off the router and modem for 30 minutes to allow a new session to start, then try a speed test at Sam Knows Speedtest  wired and see what speeds are achieved.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

marc84
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 18

Hi Karl,

The status page now shows green, but I still have the problem (both Wired and Wifi). Is the original Openreach side outage that you mentioned yesterday still ongoing?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Hi

If you go to our service status page and click the broadband option, any updates will be published there.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Service-Status-Dashboard/bd-p/service

We also have some reports from other customers in your area, so our Network teams are working towards a resolution.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

marc84
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 18

Hi Karl, When i click the link and select "My Active Faults" I just get a message that says "There was a problem loading this page. Please try again or you can return to the dashboard"

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Slow speeds are on both Wired and WiFi connections. I also tested yesterday directly plugged into the OpenReach modem and still got the very slow speeds.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

Hi

also, forgot to mention that any further updates we have can be found on our status page : Service Status 

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hi

Quality of Service issues on an Openreach Backhaul circuit. This has been taken out of service and reported to the vendor for investigation.

When testing your speeds, are you seeing the slow speeds when connected wired or via WiFi ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

marc84
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 14 of 18

Hi,

Please could I get an update on the OpenReach outage please? The speed seemed to improve slightly early this morning, but now has dropped back down to 1 - 2 Mbps.

Many thanks.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

Hi

there is no way for you to track the outage, this will only show on the openreach system internally.  There is no given eta as yet, however as this will affect a number of circuits, openreach will work to resolve as quickly as they can.

Karl

Working From Home Tips

marc84
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 16 of 18

Hi Karl,

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

Is there any link for me to track the OpenReach outage, or any ETA for them to look into it?

I am working from home which is very difficult at these speeds.

Thanks again

Marc

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 18

Hi

the line is in sync at the correct rate however this has flagged an outage on the openreach side that will be affecting your services. Openreach are aware and are looking at this.

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes