cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

GFAST Upload Speed 1/3rd of what it should be... AGAIN!!!!!

RoyCruse
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

It looks like my 3 year long thread about my continuously dropping upload speeds has been deleted. 😞

To cut a long story short... Everytime there is heavy rain my internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting.  As a result of this DLM drops my upload speed a bit(never my download speed) and once this has happened a few times in a row (which can take 6 to 9 months in the summer or as little as a few weeks in the winter) its gone down from what was a nice stable 48ish Mbps to as low as 12 Mbps. currently sat at 15-17 Mpbs (ie one or two more rainstorm from reaching 12 Mbps)

RoyCruse_0-1720691133060.png

Ive had openreach out 5+ times, ive even been sent out a "bright spark" engineer (nothing bright about those idiots) and theres always a perfectly fine line test followed by a DLM reset.   The DLM reset puts me straight back to 48+ Mbps on the upload.

Ive suffered this issue for 3+ years now ever since switching from vdsl to gfast...

The best explanation ive had from one of the openreach engineers is theres a section of cable that runs under ground imidiately after the kiosk before coming up and going overhead the rest of the way.   Ive been told that openrerach engineers joke that their network is britains second sewer system and carries alot of rainwater when it rains.   its likely this underground section is the cause of the fault as its flooding and due to what ever reason, be it cable damage, impedence or cable characterisitics changing or crosstalk / interference when bundled in a tube of water with hundreds of other cables.  The openreach engineer showed me spray painted markings showing this area had been diagnised as the cause of some other faults in the area also. However that was over a year ago and theres no sign of them digging up that section of pavement to enact a fix.

So I wait patienmtly for a new technology, either fttp or a local companies own fibre network to become available so I can finally leave gfast behind. but again no sign of that happening any time soon.

In the meantime... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE... can someone do a DLM Reset just so I can have the 50Mbps upload speed that I pay for until the next batch of torrential rainstorms come along.

I know standard policy is for openreach engineer to visit before DLM resets can be done but an exception was made before once so hoping it can be done again in light of my ongoing situation.... Please !!!

Many thanks.

P.S. is there any team at talktalk who could take this now 3+ year old problem on and actually follow it through to a FIX...   I cannot continue to have to go through first line support for an issue this long term as they make you jump through all the idiot hoops every single time you call.

Im an IT Tech who has built many networks so im no idiot and can deal with a technical level of conversation.

There are 10 types of people in the world... Those that understand binary and those that don't...
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi Roy

Current upstream sync speed is 20.5Mbps, DLM changed to a faster profile in the early hours of yesterday morning, speeds should improve again over the next couple of days if the connection remains stable

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

@RoyCruse, a huge body of threads was archived last year, not deleted, so your previous posts were not singled out for the treatment. It was just an effort to tidy up the forum. 

Look out for replies from staff during the day on here (Monday to Friday).

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes