cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Gfast 150 fiber intermittent

marcus1970
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

I've noticed for the last week that my gfast 150 fiber connection keeps going down and it seems to be getting worse ,it's up and down like a yo-yo.

On the open reach modem the internet light goes out but the DSL keeps going off and on.

It really is intermittent could be on for 30 minutes an hour than it would go off and other times it's every few minutes.

Is this a problem at the exchange, as my phone line is ok.

As this is gfast it's a copper line from my house to the pole tied is not full fiber , my street has just been upgraded to full fiber too.

1000012346.jpg

m badger
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

I've booked the engineer for - December 20 2023, AM - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Thanks, I'll book the engineer now and get back to you with the details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

I have added my mobile to my profile.

I was thinking it was ok today but earlier the DSL light went out too for a while so something is not right.DSL ModemDSL Modem

m badger
0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

OK thanks. Could you add your mobile number to your community profile and I'll book the first engineer slot available

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Yes as its obvosiously a broadband fault with either the fiber connections or the Modem, I still have phone line and internet most of the time so im happy to accept .

Im available this week yes.

m badger
0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Are you available everyday this week?

Could you also please confirm that you accept the potential engineer charges

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

8am to 1pm thanks

m badger
0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi marcus1970,

If you'd like us to book the engineer can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Yes can you book an engineer visit please.

m badger
0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Hello,

Ok thanks for confirming. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see some re-connections on the line. Has the set up changed at all since the engineer installed this? If the set up hasn't changed then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property if the connection is dropping directly at the Openreach modem. If you'd like to go ahead with this then please let us know.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Yes tel number is correct

m badger
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

Hi marcus,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, is the telephone number in your Community Profile correct? Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

marcus1970
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

Meant to say above.

On the open reach modem the internet light goes out but the DSL stay on.

m badger
0 Likes