cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Intermittent connection since full fiber upgrade

gabzby28
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 19

Hi guys! Since they upgrade my broadband last 20th of August for full fiber. The connection always on and off like every hour. I tried to reset it but internet connection still on and off and I am feed up with it. It did not happen with old one. Could it be the problem with router? Thanks

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi gabzy28,

Has there been any improvement at all with the new router as the authentication logs are showing much fewer disconnections over the last couple of days?

Chris

0 Likes

gabzby28
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 19

The lights on the wall is always green although it would be 3 or 4 greens sometimes, does not turn orange even if the router is orange or changing lights

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Hi gabzby28

Thanks for your reply.

I've just done a quick check on the line which has come back with - Our latest check showed that line is functioning as it should

Can I just confirm, are any of the lights changing on the ONT box (on the wall) when the connection drops?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

gabzby28
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 19

Yes, the white light randomly blink and turn to orange, and then sometimes stuck to orange then blink again with white lock. So far, its not frequent as last week. I don’t know what the root cause, with old fiber, did not encounter issue with connection. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Hi gabzby28

Can I just check, does the white light go off on the router?

0 Likes

gabzby28
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 19

I’ve got received the new router and replaced the old one. However, same problem exists, still on and off internet connection. I don’t know if the fault is the fiber itself since upgrade. Please help me fix this one.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Hi

I've requested a router for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

gabzby28
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 19

Yes please, send a new router so I can really test if the root cause is the router itself of connection problem. Thank you

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

gabzby28
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 19

Hello, still intermittent connection over the evening,  on and off connection. Im so frustrated now. Help me

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Hi

I've updated the router firmware, see if this is better over the course of this evening.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

gabzby28
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 19

Im using wifi hub, fast 5464

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Morning,

Thank you. Can I just confirm, are you using a eero or the Wifi Hub router please?

Michelle

0 Likes

gabzby28
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 19

Updated details

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number or Account number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

gabzby28
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 19

I have spoken with your experts already and they said it was not updated witg configuration so he did but seems like still an intermittent connection

0 Likes

gabzby28
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 19

The fiber lighst are solid with green lights. Its the router that has on and off orange light flashing 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 19

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Do any of the lights change on the ONT or the router when this happens please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes