cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Have to reset router every day or 2 to fix slow/unusable internet and talk talk offer no help

Ashbroad
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 27

Problem always arises trying to watch tv apps such as Disney+ or Netflix etc. Slow to load and then will glitch and freezer every second or 2. Completely unusable even if I turn the quality down on Disney. Most times it can be sorted temporarily by restarting the router. If I do a live chat they reset something and it always works. But again only for a day or 2 then fails again. Starting the cycle again. Problem happens on both our TV’s and one is on a Ethernet cable to eliminate the signal/ Wi-Fi as the issue. I’m out if ideas and talk talk don’t want to know. I would leave and get internet somewhere else but don’t want to have to pay a cancellation fee. It’s fibre 65, we didn’t have any issue for years then we renewed the package/deal with the same router etc and it’s never been the same. Any help appreciated

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27

Hello,

I think it's worth trying as the next step will be an engineer visit to the property. I've ordered the wifi extender now and it should arrive in the next 48-72hrs. We'll check back in with you next week to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 27

I am willing to try anything as it is becoming quite a issue and very frustrating multiple times a day. Obviously I don’t see how it will help the Ethernet issue. Also the tv on the Ethernet cable is in the same room as the router so when that had WiFi issues it was in the same room 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 27

Hello,

I've checked the wifi stats and it's showing a possible coverage issue which can cause issues. Would you like us to send a Wifi Extender to see how this compares?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 4 of 27

No we don’t. The tv was only changed to Ethernet to try and see if it fixed the issue. There is clearly an issue with the internet as it’s a problem whether it’s Ethernet or WiFi and on multiple devices

0 Likes

Message 5 of 27

Hi,

Ok, do you have any other wired devices that you can check with just so we can confirm if this is related to the wireless or not please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 27

The main issue is with the TV’s but we also have issues with phones and iPads as well for just general browsing. This morning my iPhone wouldn’t load any emails or messages etc until I turned off the WiFi and used 4g which instantly worked. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 27

Morning,

I've re-run the line test now which is still clear and I can only see 1 re-connection on the line. The sync speed also looks consistent. Can I just confirm, is it only the TV's which are experiencing this issue? Are all other devices ok?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 27

Hi, the test socket has made no difference. Still unusable tonight 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 27

OK thanks (yes that's the test socket)

Chris

Message 10 of 27

I’ve done it now and will see how it is tonight. Is this picture correct?

IMG_2758.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 11 of 27

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. The NTE5 5C socket has a test socket behind the faceplate. Would it be possible to gently remove the lower faceplate (there may be wires connected to the back) and connect a microfilter and the router to the test socket please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 27

Hi, tried it tonight on the Ethernet connection tv and it had no effect. Same issue before and after turning off at socket for 1 minute 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 27

OK thanks. The next time it happens could you try switching the TV off completely (rather than just putting it in standby), leave it off for about a minute then switch back on and retest. Its worth trying this on both TV's but if just one then preferably the one connected by Ethernet cable

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 27

Hi, they are both smart TVs running apps on the tvs. The issue can be with any app whether it’s a paid for streaming app or a free view app. Both tvs are different brands. We can still have issues on phones or iPads being slow but it’s not as common

0 Likes

Message 15 of 27

Hi Ashbroad,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing problems. Line test is passing, router is in sync at 80Mbps. I've checked the line history for the last few days and the error count is very low, there is however local wifi congestion which could have something to do with the poor performance on the TV connected to the router by wifi but it doesn't explain the poor performance over Ethernet. Are the two TV's smart TV's with the apps running on the TV rather than through a separate device such as a TV box or Firestick?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 27

NTE5C

IMG_2748.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 17 of 27
0 Likes

Message 18 of 27

No I don’t believe it does. I don’t know what that is though. It’s just a old style socket with 1 hole and we use a filter plugged in which I changed with the new router

0 Likes

Message 19 of 27

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 20 of 27

Hi, it arrived yesterday and set it up last night. Unfortunately it has not fixed the issue and still played up last night. One tv on WiFi took about 5 minutes to start a film on Netflix and the TV on the Ethernet cable did the same play a second then glitch over and over. I have no idea what to do now. When this happened there was only 2 devices connected to the internet so it’s not too many devices either. 

0 Likes