cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Help, my external phone line has just been cut.

ukbeachbum
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

As stated, my neighbours gardeners have just cut through my drop line.

Can you please get an engineer to visit? 

Thanks

Ian

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi

If you reply not fixed, they will keep the case open and assign to a field engineer.

I've checked with Openreach and the job has been assigned at 4am this morning, so has been passed for a field engineer today.

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ukbeachbum
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

This morning I received a useless automated text from Openreach saying

"Hi, it's Openreach on behalf of your Service Provider. We've received your repair request. We've done some investigation on our end and believe that your issue is now fixed.

Please reply FIXED if your issue has been resolved"

It HASNT been fixed. There is half a cable lying across my garden. I have no way of getting in touch with Openreach other than to reply to the text saying "Not Fixed". Can you confirm an engineer will still be coming to my house? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi

The openeach engineer can assess and repair the drop cable.  The difficulty arises if they need to access your neighbours land, they will need their permission.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ukbeachbum
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

Is there any way to relay info to Openreach, like, this is the line between the pole and my home, and I assume they'll need to get to the top of the pole which is on a narrow 2-lane road? I think it's going to involve more than just one Engineer.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi

I can see you have called in within the last 30 minutes and an engineer has been arranged.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes