cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

I don't know where to go from here

Eloisesl
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

I've been without internet since last Wednesday or Thursday. Last Friday, on my 3rd conversation with the online chat/technical team we were told the problem was the router and that a new one would be sent. I spoke to someone earlier today as we still haven't received it, to be told that no order was placed for a router. I was then disconnected from that chat after an hour, because I didn't respond while they checked the line - again - reconnected to someone else, to go through yet more line checks, to be told the ethernet cable is the problem, despite my telling him we don't connect using an ethernet cable.

I have genuinely no idea where to go from here. Would I be better off getting my own talktalk router to try?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Good morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. As the line tests are clear, would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Yes it is. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

OK. Is your router currently connected to the test socket?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Chris, we don't have a landline phone plugged in, or one available.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

OK thanks. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, is there a dial tone?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

I've added my phone number.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi Eloisesl,

Can you add your TalkTalk home telephone number or account number to your community profile and we'll be happy to take a look at this for you

Chris

0 Likes