cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

I need quicker internet

Foxy1989
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 16 of 16

Hi, do you know when or if they are going to put in a faster line down my road? The package I've got isn't going to fast enough, but it seems I can't upgrade 😞

I need to change to something quicker within the next few months for my job. I would be sad to go as I've never had any problems, but I have been looking and Virgin seem to have a quicker package. So if I did leave how much is the breakup fee?

Thanks

Luke

L.C.Foxwell
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi Foxy1989

Thanks for your reply.

We advise to leave the router switched on because DLM will be monitoring your connection and adjusting the profile/speed if the connection is stable.

Please let us know how you get on following the engineer visit.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Yeah I did a bunch of test with someone on the live chat, but we came up short so we have arranged an engineer to come have a look. I left it turned off after that

L.C.Foxwell
0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Hi Foxy1989

The line test shows that the router is powered down, do you switch the router off?

0 Likes

Foxy1989
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 16

Also this is happening a few roads away from me do you think they could have accidently done something to the line?

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/23320340.westcliff-cityfibre-roadworks-start-next-week-6-weeks/

L.C.Foxwell
0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

I sent this earlier but I replied on G-Mail, just thought that you might of not got that because I didn't post on here

"Not sure the main socket has two ports, ADSL and a normal phone port. Took it apart and took a picture for you, as well as my other equipment. 

All I get is a flashing amber light on the router, and three solid lights on the open reach box. Power, ADSL, LAN lit up but Internet light is off.

Tried the reset pin on both the router and open reach. Holding down till the lights go off. 

I was uninstalling some stuff on my PC with revo uninstaller pro, which scans for leftovers on your system when it stopping working, but not sure if that's anything to do with it as non of my other devices can connect, so I'm guessing it was just a coincidence. Unless you think otherwise? 

Can't think of anything else

Thanks for your help"

PXL_20230331_061253377.jpegPXL_20230331_061436324.jpegPXL_20230331_061633090.jpegPXL_20230331_061658804.jpegPXL_20230331_061719765.jpegPXL_20230331_061623050.jpeg
L.C.Foxwell
0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line now which is clear but I can see re-connections on the line. Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 16

@Foxy1989, the landline number is only used to identify your account. 

Staff won't attempt to call you. All support is online. Look for their response during the day. 

They are on here Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

I have added the talk talk number to my alternative number section. Although I don't have a phone plugged into the wall so it can't be used

L.C.Foxwell
0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

I have added the talk talk number to my alternative number section. Although I don't have a phone plugged into the wall so it can't be used

L.C.Foxwell
0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Hi,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hi I've updated my profile. It's got my name and number on it now.

Thanks

L.C.Foxwell
0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hi Michelle I seem to have lost my connection, I did the test my line thing and it appears to to have a fault and says top check back in a few days. Was wondering if the road works in my area had anything to do with it? Also if there is anything I can try to do my end to get it up and running? 

Fault reference number
REP-12700241

L.C.Foxwell
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 16

Morning,

Would you like us to look at your current speed for you?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

An estimate of your early termination fees can be made from the information on this page,  @Foxy1989:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

You will be kept informed if Full Fibre becomes available in your area. If it's essential to plan ahead for your work, check out comparison websites in the normal way. 

Talktalk requires 30 days' notice.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes