cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Inconsistent wi-fi

delypo
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 127 of 127

I have had  the Huawei HG633 router for nearly 10 years. Whilst the fibre broaband speed coming into the house meets what Talk Talk guarantee, I experience WiFi inconsistency most days, with devices dropping connection, which requires frequent reboots of the old router to re-establish the WiFi connection.

I can see you offer a superior router to your new customers. As a customer of almost 18 years standing, could my old router please be upgraded? Thank you.

DP

0 Likes
126 REPLIES 126

delypo
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 127

@Debbie-TalkTalk yes, I'm happy to accept and try another F266 Booster.

Message 22 of 127

Hi @delypo 

I think we should send another WIFI extender, as this may have been an issue with the router firmware not updating before connecting the extender.

Are you happy for me to arrange this?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 127

Hi @delypo 

I have sent my theories to @Debbie-TalkTalk. I have asked Debbie to consider something, so please watch this space....

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 127

Thanks @delypo this possibly confirms what I think might be happening, but I need to look at another case or two, before putting mu guesses to @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 127

Hi @delypo 

Perfect thank you. I will let you know as soon as the team/devices manager comes back to me.

0 Likes

delypo
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 127

@Debbie-TalkTalk for further information, the router is on its own shelf away from any other electrical devices. The F266 is about a meter away from it.

delypo
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 127

Morning @Debbie-TalkTalk 

The F266 is in the same room as the router and no, it is merely plugged into a mains socket with nothing in the ethernet ports. I don't understand 'is the customer attempting to use a wired backhaul from WFH <>F266' so I assume I'm not!

Message 28 of 127

Morning @delypo 

Sorry just a couple more questions from the Devices Manager.

Q1 - Where is the router located and where is the F266 located? Are they in the same room or different rooms?

Q2 - Does the F266 have anything in the ethernet port? Is the customer attempting to use a wired backhaul from WFH <> F266?

0 Likes

delypo
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 127

@KeithFrench 

I've just remembered I took a 3 minute video of the F266 booster as it moved into its failed state. I would post it here, but the file size is too large. This was taken on 25th July so definitely before you arranged for my Fast 5464 firmware to be upgraded. In case it helps here's a description of the light sequence with timings:-

00:00-00:23 Flashing blue and green

00:23-01:20. Flashing Orange

01:20-02:06. Flashing Orange but light speed increased

02:06-02:08 Solid Orange

02:08-02:48 Returns to  Flashing Orange at the faster speed 

02:48-02:58 Solid Orange

02:58 Solid Blue 

0 Likes

delypo
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 127

@KeithFrench I believe I witnessed that light sequence on first set up of the 266 and again after I tried a factory reset of the booster, so probably prior to the FW upgrade of the Fast 5464.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 127

Thanks @delypo, can you remember which side of upgrading the first router to V202?

Keith

0 Likes

delypo
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 32 of 127

@KeithFrench I definitely recall seeing the lights flashing blue and green and referring to the set-up guide to establish that it was probably doing a software update. I don't recall it taking forever before this particular light sequence changed.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 127

Hi @delypo and @Debbie-TalkTalk FYI.

I have just started working on another similar case with the V2 F266 being unstable like yours. This is probably nothing, but can you remember the light flashing blue and green indicating it's updating software) at all? If so did it take forever to complete? I am just wondering if this is common & perhaps the 266 has been powered off during a firmware update.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 34 of 127

Thanks @delypo 

I've passed on your reply to our Devices Manager now and I will post back as soon as they come back to me.

delypo
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 127

Good morning @Debbie-TalkTalk @KeithFrench 

Yes, we were supplied with a Fast 5464 router in May this year to assist in sorting our initial issues. keith was assisting and recommended a WiFi booster would help issues we were having with low speeds in certain rooms. Booster F266 V2  FW version 1046.9 was supplied at end of July. It was set up exactly as instructed in the accompanying set-up guide but constantly dropped signal every couple of minutes. Our Fast 5464 router firmware was upgraded to V202 to see if that would help, but no luck. So a replacement router Fast 5364 was sent at the start of this month and the upgraded FW V202 was requested prior to attempting to link the F266. Experienced exactly the same issue with Booster being unable to hold a signal.

Message 36 of 127
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 37 of 127

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

It was originally a F5464, which subsequently got replaced by the F5364 (no DV, so no problem) running V202 firmware. The V2 F266 is running V1046.9.

I assume that @delypo connected them via WPS in accordance with the setup instructions, but I guess that we will need the customer's confirmation on that.

Keith

Message 38 of 127

Hi @delypo and @KeithFrench 

Our Devices Team have asked if you could confirm what devices the customer was sent and what the setup process they followed was?

0 Likes

Message 39 of 127

Morning @delypo and @KeithFrench 

Apologies for the delay. I've chased the team again for an update.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 40 of 127

Hi @delypo 

I have just asked @Debbie-TalkTalk to see if there is any update from their Devices team for you.

Keith