cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Interleaved

compu
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

Hi

I few weeks back has some power failures on the powerstrip where my router is connected, as a result of this seem my line has switched to interleaved. I do not use the Talktalk Hub as this has started causing issues with real time music collaboration apps where noise is generated and with Interleaver switched on I now have a lot of jitter on the upload stream. Would it be possible to have this reset?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12
0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Yes, cancel it, there is no fault, still connected, Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi compu,

Looks as though the line test picked up a disconnections in the network, this resulted in a non-appointed engineer (just to check the line) to be arranged. If everything is working OK I can cancel the engineer, would you like me to do this?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi

It was all automatically arranged after I did the line test, I have only reported here since last night.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hello,

Have you been in touch with our Tech Team directly to cancel this engineer? When has it been arranged for?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi

I had an issue tonight with the line not connecting I think caused by turning the router back on from a power strip and router would not connect, after this happened I run a line test and you advised there is a fault and booked a BT Openreach Engineer.

Please note that you might want to cancel it as I then waited around 45 minutes before turning the router back on again and is all working fine now. I think turning the router from the power strip might have caused a surge and router was unable to connect. Now all working.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi compu

Usually we advise at least 48hrs for DLM to monitor and start making changes to the line profile.

Would it be possible to connect the TT router again to see if this helps?

We can't specifically request Openreach to change profiles to/from interleaved, Openreach will only reset DLM.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Thanks Debbie, how long does the monitoring last? It has been 3 weeks and the usual interleaver dept of 4 - 1 is still on 16 - 1 since the power failure I mentioned earlier.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

HI @compu 

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I ran a line test just to make sure everything looked ok and no faults were detected.

As Michelle has advised, we are unable to change/choose profiles now, this is managed by DLM.

If you leave the router switched on then DLM will monitor the connection and choose the best profile for your line.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Thanks Michelle, I have now updated my info.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Good morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. It's not possible for us to manually choose a profile but we can have a look at your connection stats for you.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes