cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Intermittent Caller ID failure since switching to Full Fibre with digital voice

mk123
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 52 of 52

Hi

Since switching to Full Fibre with digital voice a few weeks ago my caller ID, which previously worked perfectly, now sometimes fails - sometimes when I receive a call it doesn't show any number. E.g. I have a regular caller who is calling from a traditional landline - sometimes it shows his name, sometimes does not. I am using a Hub 2, and the internet has been working well with no dropouts.

Thanks

0 Likes
51 REPLIES 51

Message 21 of 52

Rebooting seems to have no effect, and I rarely reboot. The caller ID just sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, without me doing anything. Some dates I happen to have recorded: 27th May, 11th June

Message 22 of 52

Hi,

Ok, do you happen to have a few dates when this last happened and I'll pass this over? Does the reboot always fix it or does it sometimes just start working again by itself?

Thanks

Message 23 of 52

Thanks. It happens with each individual handset from the set, but I don't have another set to test with. However, these handsets have been in use for many years and never had a problem until exactly when I switched to full fibre

0 Likes

Message 24 of 52

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. The Wifi Optimisation is now switched off as requested. In regards to the intermittent caller display issue, I can see that we've already tested with a replacement router and the ONT and router have also been powered down. Just before we pass this over to our faults team for further investigation, have you also tested with a different handset just to rule out any potential issues with the phone?

Thanks

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 52

OK, thanks for trying. Wait until the support team pick this up again tomorrow.

Message 26 of 52

Tried this yesterday, and the issue just reoccurred

0 Likes

Message 27 of 52

oh right how?

0 Likes

Message 28 of 52

Have you tried the 30 minute switch off of ONT and router? I had the same issue with Caller Display and it worked for me, don't ask me me how! 

0 Likes

Message 29 of 52

thanks done

0 Likes

Message 30 of 52

Hi mk123,

Could you add the last 4 digits of the router serial number to the private notes section of your community profile and I'll disable wifi optimisation as requested

Chris

Message 31 of 52

Thanks I will try when I can. Also, can you disable Wi-Fi optimisation on the new hub. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 32 of 52

Hi mk123,

Could you try switching the ONT and router off for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 33 of 52

Hi Michelle, I haven't tried that, but the landline started working again yesterday after I restarted the router. However, the original problem of intermittent caller ID failure is back, so the new router hasn't fixed the problem. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 34 of 52

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this, Can I just confirm, have you also tried the below?

Phone not ringing

Do you have an older model telephone that doesn't ring on incoming calls? We recommend plugging a microfilter into the phone port on the Wi-Fi Hub2 and then plugging your your telephone into the microfilter. The same advice is given if using an eero with a Digital Voice adapter (Grandstream). Test with another handset.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 52

Staff back on Monday, @mk123.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 36 of 52

I've just replaced the router to test. The Wi-Fi is working, but now (just like when I first switched to full fibre) the landline has stopped working altogether. The white light on the router is now flashing orange occasionally. When I dial my landline, I get "incorrect number" - when I first switched to full fibre, the error was just that it would ring indefinitely - no "incorrect number". Last time, it was resolved via live chat - digital voice needed to be enabled on TalkTalk's end. See https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Problems-after-Fibre-150-Digital-Voice-installed-today/m-p... Can you please check whether this is the case again?

Also, can you disable Wi-Fi optimisation on the new hub. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 37 of 52

Hi mk123

Thanks for your reply.

I've ordered the replacement router, please allow 48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 38 of 52

Hi, sure if that's the next step in the debugging process, as I would like this sorted please.

0 Likes

Message 39 of 52

Hi mk123

Would you like me to send a replacement router so we can rule out a possible fault with voice port?

Message 40 of 52

It shouldn't ever happen though - it never happened before upgrading to full fibre. It is already happening often enough to be annoying - can you please investigate the cause?

0 Likes