cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Internet Dropping Connection

maonayze1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

I usually have little to no issues with my connection to the internet. However in the last two weeks its started to drop quite often. Over the last few days the connection has started to drop every 5 or 10 minutes, sometimes I can watch a whole movie then it drops again. The router light goes amber (Flashing) when the connection drops and picks up and back to white after about 5 minutes. I have run a TalkTalk Health Check and the report says there is a problem with my line. They sent an engineer who tested the line and did some rewiring in the small box on the wall. He tested again and said that my speed had come back to normal and we left it at that. It was rock solid all day and I thought that it was now fixed. Unfortunately it started disconnecting again the evening after and disconnected about 6 times in the space of an hour. I'm beginning to think it is now the router that maybe at fault and after reading some of the posts on the community I was wondering if I could get a new router to test this theory out. Thanks

Regards
Mark O
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5
0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi maonayze1

Thank you. Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

maonayze1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Okay, Will do. Thanks

Regards
Mark O

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi maonayze1

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've ordered you a replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes