cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Internet Hub keeps disconnecting and reconecting

Eddie7771
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Hi i have had this problem for the last 6 months the hub keeps disconnecting and reconecting for no reason. I have had an engineer out and have got a new hub but still the same problem now all i whant to know is can I leave without a penalty charge as i am not getting what I am paying for. it,s a right pain when it happens as I am kicked out of a game then have to log back in and wait for a place on the server. I have been in touch with a local computer shop and they can monitor my internet for 4 weeks and log every time it drops out the cost is £160.00 for the 4 weeks which i will be passing onto talktalk as they are unable to fix the problem but are still charging me full price.

Thanks to any one who can help.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Eddie7771
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

Hi first thanks for the quick reply,

I have gone through the test every time i go onto the chat switch evreything off disconect everything wait the reconect it all. I had the engineer chech everything throught the test socket asswell but he found no fault. My desktop is coneccted via ethernet my phone ,laptop by wireless but when the hub disonects evertthing goes off when they found no fault with the openreach system I was charged £75 for the engineer call out and had to fight to get that removed. It disconected last week while i was on a video call with the " DWP" i now have to wait 6 weeks for another appointment all i whant now is to get out of my current contract with out a penalty as i am not getting what i am paying for and will be able to get a provider whos service works as it should.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Does the problem persist when connected at the test socket and with devices connected by ethernet? Subject to that, if you would like the support team to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond. Bear in mind that they won't be back online until Monday. 

0 Likes