cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Internet keeps disconnecting ..

hawaye
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 30

Since November 2023 the Internet has been disconnecting once or twice daily. Each time I have reported a fault but I've been given a fault number and the Internet has reappeared. A text and an email says If I still have problems, to open a chat with support. Nobody on chat has been interested if the Internet has come back. 

The last fault was reported on 25/02/24 number REP-14032492. This report has prevented me reporting this morning's debacle when the Internet has failed at 10:30am, 11:14am and at 2:40pm. Because there is a fault report outstanding I can't seem to get to a chat to discuss the current issue. Typically, the white light stays lit on the router and my ping app says that Talktalk's IP address is different when the Internet starts working again.

I would like to know how bad these problems have to be before Talktalk will accept that their service isn't working and release me from my 2 contracts and let me install a 5G connection with a dish in search of improved reliability. Of course it would be better if things went back to pre-November '23 days.

Our setup at home hasn't changed for 2 years, with a Talktalk DG8041 router. Can anyone help, please?

hawaye Mornington Crecent County Champion 1975, 1976, 1978
29 REPLIES 29

hawaye
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 30

Thanks Chris. I've just dialled 17070 and it reports the right number. I will have a chance to check my second number later this morning.

I'm using an app called Pingtools. On the 5:30 disconnection, it reported that I reconnected to Three, not TalkTalk. Do you have a relationship with Three?

Pingtools also shows the IP address I'm connected to. Every time my Internet reconnects, a different IP address shows, but all so far begin 92.

Hope this helps but I'm very concerned that your system doesn't show the nuisance I'm experiencing.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 30

Hi Joe902,

If you need assistance can you please start your own thread/topic if you haven't already, and we'll be happy to help

Chris

0 Likes

Message 23 of 30

Hi hawaye,

There are no disconnection or unavailable seconds showing yesterday at all. Could you dial 17070 from your TalkTalk landline and confirm that the number read back to you is your. I just want to make sure that you don't have a crossed line

Chris

0 Likes

Joe902
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 30

Hi, same here for months and days, same  here about a test socket for the router which is not possible on a master socket 5c it has a built in filter.   

0 Likes

hawaye
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 30

And, annoyingly, today 4:40 pm. Router went to orange light; normal dial tone on phone.

0 Likes

hawaye
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 30

I'm surprised you can't see the disconnections today and on the 25th which appeared to trigger the router update. There have been a dozen disconnections in the past fortnight. Typically the router light stays white but has gone to flashing orange a few times when disconnected.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 30

OK thanks. Line test is passing and sync looks fine and there are only 2 disconnections showing in the last couple of weeks (26th and 27th). Have you noticed if the light changes on your router when the connection appears to drop?

Chris

0 Likes

hawaye
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 30

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply. The router is connected to the Openreach socket. I'll add that the router was updated on 25/02/2024 but it hasn't made any difference. The telephone has no problems although I can't say if that's true when the Internet is down. I was advised to run ping -t which happened to be running this morning; it said timeout, then general failure when the Internet stopped this morning.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 29 of 30

Hi hawaye,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Could I just ask, is your router currently connected to the test socket? Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service?

Chris

0 Likes