cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Internet keeps disconnecting ..

hawaye
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 30

Since November 2023 the Internet has been disconnecting once or twice daily. Each time I have reported a fault but I've been given a fault number and the Internet has reappeared. A text and an email says If I still have problems, to open a chat with support. Nobody on chat has been interested if the Internet has come back. 

The last fault was reported on 25/02/24 number REP-14032492. This report has prevented me reporting this morning's debacle when the Internet has failed at 10:30am, 11:14am and at 2:40pm. Because there is a fault report outstanding I can't seem to get to a chat to discuss the current issue. Typically, the white light stays lit on the router and my ping app says that Talktalk's IP address is different when the Internet starts working again.

I would like to know how bad these problems have to be before Talktalk will accept that their service isn't working and release me from my 2 contracts and let me install a 5G connection with a dish in search of improved reliability. Of course it would be better if things went back to pre-November '23 days.

Our setup at home hasn't changed for 2 years, with a Talktalk DG8041 router. Can anyone help, please?

hawaye Mornington Crecent County Champion 1975, 1976, 1978
29 REPLIES 29

Message 1 of 30

Good morning,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 30

Routers returned in bag. Posted at 9:30 this morning. Proof of posting available on request.

Message 3 of 30

Hi hawaye

Thanks for your reply.

I have ordered a pre paid returns bag, please allow 48hrs for this to arrive.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 30

Hi Michelle. Thanks for checking. All good now. The support system has worked well in this case.

FYI The router that was faulty was part of a setup that included two Huawei DG8041 units. One DG8041 was the router (which you've now replaced with a Sagemcom router, and I set the other DG8041 as an access point in the garage to give me coverage in the garden. Both now have identical faults; the setup system behind the admin password can't be accessed. I blame the spate of power cuts we had here a fortnight ago. The holiday home next door has a Sagemcom 5364 router and four Sagemcom access points (old house, thick walls) and the setup was unaffected by the power outages that killed the Huawei devices. Conclusion; stick to Sagemcom in future.

If you would like to recycle 2 faulty Huawei routers, please send me an envelope and I'll return them.

Again, many thanks to you and Chris for your help.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 30

Morning,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 30

Hi hawaye,

I've ordered a replacement router, it should be with you within a couple of days

Chris

0 Likes

hawaye
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 30

Good morning Chris. I think I have proved that our Huawei router has developed a fault. The borrowed Sagemcom router seems stable and works well. I tried a simple test with the Huawei router and couldn't access the admin pages with the correct password. The screen just flickered and went back to asking for username and password. There was no red message saying the password was incorrect.

I have to give the borrowed router back at the weekend and would be grateful if you could send me a replacement Sagemcom 5364 router so that I can return the borrowed unit and have a working connection. 

Thank you very much for seeing this problem through to a successful conclusion.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 30

OK, thanks for the update

0 Likes

hawaye
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 30

Good morning Chris. I put the faceplate back on the test socket  at 11:45 pm last night so that would show as a disconnection. The router shows it was online for 5hrs 45 min at 7:45 this morning so it disconnected at 2am. We'll see what happens today.

One point; in the past when the overhead wire in the tree has failed, it was windy outside. Last night and this morning, it's flat calm. Fingers crossed.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 30

OK thanks. Could you bump the thread in the morning and we'll see how it's been

Chris

0 Likes

hawaye
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 30

OK a borrowed Sagemcom 5364 router is now in place. It's connected to the test socket as you advised. I have Internet. At the moment.

Chris, many thanks for your input so far.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 30

Line test is passing but I can see that the connection has been unstable. If you've had  the same issue with 2 different routers connected to the test socket then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and well confirm some details with you.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 30

OK thanks. I'll take a look at this now

Chris

0 Likes

hawaye
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 30

Done.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 30

OK thanks, could you add the full number to the private notes section of your community profile and I'll take a look at it

Chris

0 Likes

hawaye
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 30

The number in my profile is the one I needed to report an Openreach problem when the tree was sawing through the overhead wire. Sorry, I didn't remember about the profile. No wonder you can't see disconnections.

The number disconnecting regularly ends 9064.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 30

9964 is the number I've been checking, the one in your community profile, is this the number with the issue?

Chris

0 Likes

hawaye
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 30

... and the connection just died at 9:50am. White light stayed on the router and reconnected to TalkTalk 92.4.178.89. Ping reported timeout, then general failure.

0 Likes

hawaye
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 30

Chris, yes I have 2 numbers in houses on the same street. The main number ends 9064 and the second number ends 9964. The second number tested OK on 17070 a few minutes ago with no noise on the line.

I am monitoring 9064 with a Windows laptop pinging 8.8.8.8 continuously. 

0 Likes

Message 20 of 30

Thanks for trying that. What do you mean by "second number", do you have two lines?

Chris

0 Likes