cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Issue with DG8041W router - Frequent resets, and Kernel Panic in logs

tomxmclaughlan
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

Over the last few weeks I've been getting increasing numbers of router resets, and upon checking the logs it's showing reset caused by Kernel Panic:

1981-01-01 00:00:10 [Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset. Cause: System reset due to kernel panic, Terminal:OTHER

Other users on the forum have reported this issue using firmware version 1.05t - which matches what I see in the router admin page - and that the issue is resolved with a firmware upgrade.

I'm currently just under 2 weeks away from a full fibre upgrade, but until then these frequent resets are extremely frustrating!

Is is possible for someone to upgrade the firmware version on my router in the meantime?

Thanks!

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi tomxmclaughlan

Yes we were previously using a different firmware version but now the only firmware available is 1.05t, sorry.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Yes, it will be a new router.

tomxmclaughlan
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

I'm also quite confused now, as I had the same issue 2 years ago (on a different forum account apparently), and had a firmware update sent out - but it now seems to be back to version 1.05t:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Router-randomly-restarts/m-p/2875786#M834884

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi tomxmclaughlan

Apologies again for this.

Are you receiving a new router with the fibre upgrade?

tomxmclaughlan
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

I guess there's not much point given I'll have the full fibre service installed next Friday anyway.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi tomxmclaughlan

I'm really sorry about this.

Firmware 1.05 is now the only firmware version available for this router. We would need to send you a different make and model of router. Would you like me to arrange this?

0 Likes