cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Re Contract Fibre 67

plb46
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 39 of 39

Hi

I went through the process of recontract Fibre 67 as the renewal was May 2024 and the information came up that I would get 35 to 39 mbs and a Guaranteed 32.3 mbs At the moment my guaranteed speed is 42 mbs. The router is showing 43110 kps although I only get 35 mbs to my device. I cannot understand how I can recontract fibre 67 yet get shown the re contract  figures.

Why I only get 35 mbs I do not know as prior to my land line ie loss of dialling tone which was fixed I was getting 41 mbs to my device. An engineer came and checked the line etc but when he left I was only getting 33 mbs to my device but subsequently it went up to 35 mbs. Perhaps community support could give me some advice.

Thanks

Plb46

0 Likes
38 REPLIES 38

Message 1 of 39

Hi plb46

Thank you. If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 39

Hi Debbie,

Yes I have a returns bag.

Regards

plb46

Message 3 of 39

Hi plb46

No problem 🙂

Yes please, do you have a returns bag?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 39

Hi Debbie,

First of all thank you for your all help and do you want me to return the Sagecom Router.

Regards

plb46

Message 5 of 39

Hi plb46

Thanks for your reply.

If you do experience any further issues then please let me know.

Debbie

Message 6 of 39

HI Debbie,

I have just done speed test seems ok now. This is what I was getting up till a few weeks ago. Thank you plb46Speed Test Monday  3.40 pmSpeed Test Monday 3.40 pm

0 Likes

Message 7 of 39

Hi Debbie,

I think I will carry on with my present router at for the moment it is working fine. I doubt the Sagecom router will be able to get any more speed than my DSL 3782. If I get any more problems though I will contact Community support again.

Thank you for your help.

plb46

0 Likes

Message 8 of 39

Hi plb46

Would you like me to send another Sagemcom hub for testing?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 39

Hi Debbie,

Yes I did, but unfortunately it did not resolve the logging in issue of  "In Correct Information"

Thank you.

plb46

0 Likes

Message 10 of 39

Hi plb46

Did you try factory resetting the new router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 39

Hi Debbie

Thank you for that so Talktalk guaranteed minimum speed to my router is 40.5 mb which it is. So unless this minimum speed  is increased to the router we will have to use the 39 to 41 mbs  which get I to my device. 

I will then need to send back the Fast 6534 router you sent to test to see if I could and get a better speed than the DSL 3782. Unfortunately, the speed was only 35 mbs However there was a fault with this router as I was unable to log in to settings as the message was incorrect user name and pass word. 

Thank you

lpb46

0 Likes

Message 12 of 39

Hi plb46

No problem. I've checked and the predicted range for your line is showing between 49.8 and 44mb, with a guaranteed minimum speed of 40.4mb.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 39

Hi Debbie,

I am not sure I know a lot of speeds where quoted but perhaps a check may help.

thanks

plb46

Message 14 of 39

Hi plb46

Have we checked and confirmed the predicted speed range for your line?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 39

Hi Michelle

Yes I thought that may be the case. After going on Fibre 67 in May 2022 I thought my speed would go up over the Fibre 35 speed. I posted about my speed on the forum at the time and was told there where no restrictions and I that 42 mbs may be the best the line can achieve.

Thanks

Plb46

0 Likes

Message 16 of 39

Morning,

The throughput speeds are usually around 80% of the sync speed. The speeds can also vary depending on how many devices are connected and if there are multiple applications running at the same time.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 17 of 39

Hi Debbie

No the DSL 3782 is a very steady connection just the speed is around 39 or 40 mbs depending on the speed test. Why there is a loss of speed between the sync rate and my device I do not know. 

Thanks

lpb46

0 Likes

Message 18 of 39

Hi plb46

Are you experiencing any faults with the DSL3782 router?

0 Likes

Message 19 of 39

Hello Debbie,

Speed over the weekend on the Fast 5364 router was around 35 mbs. I was unable to go into the router settings using the Admin and password to check the link rate of the router. The reason being log information was incorrect. Although I used the details on the back of the router. Because of the log in fault,

I have reconnected my DSL 3782 and I have done some speed tests and obtained 40 mbs. I have not been able to use the Talktalk speed test as it appears to have a technical problem. The link rate on the DSL3782 is 42226 kps.

I will  need to send the router you sent back then.

Thanks

lpb46

0 Likes

Message 20 of 39

Hi plb46

The line is showing in sync at just under 43mb.

How's the connection been over the weekend?

0 Likes