cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Re Contract Fibre 67

plb46
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 39 of 39

Hi

I went through the process of recontract Fibre 67 as the renewal was May 2024 and the information came up that I would get 35 to 39 mbs and a Guaranteed 32.3 mbs At the moment my guaranteed speed is 42 mbs. The router is showing 43110 kps although I only get 35 mbs to my device. I cannot understand how I can recontract fibre 67 yet get shown the re contract  figures.

Why I only get 35 mbs I do not know as prior to my land line ie loss of dialling tone which was fixed I was getting 41 mbs to my device. An engineer came and checked the line etc but when he left I was only getting 33 mbs to my device but subsequently it went up to 35 mbs. Perhaps community support could give me some advice.

Thanks

Plb46

0 Likes
38 REPLIES 38

Message 21 of 39

Hi plb46

Thank you. I will check the connection stats again on Monday and I will post back on this thread.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 22 of 39

Hi Debbie,

Yes ok I will connect the new router for 48 hours and see how the speed goes.

Thank you

plb46

0 Likes

Message 23 of 39

Hi plb46

Please can you keep the new router connected to the line for at least 48hrs to allow DLM time to monitor the connection and adjust the line profile/speed.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 24 of 39

Hello Debbie,

Yes I Have received the router thank you. Unfortunately, the speed was slightly lower than my 3782 DSL Router. The new Router was giving a ethernet connection speed of around 33 to 35 mbs and the 3782 DSL was achieving 39 to 40.5 mbs. The DSL Router settings where showing 16400 / 43100 kps.

Do you want me to return the Router you sent .

Thank you.

lpb46

0 Likes

Message 25 of 39
0 Likes

Message 26 of 39
0 Likes

Message 27 of 39

Hi Debbie,

Thank you I will let you know.

Thanks 

lpb 46

Message 28 of 39

Hi plb46

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 29 of 39

Hi Michelle,

Yes please as the engineer who came last time told me that I had an old router.

Thanks 

lpb46

Message 30 of 39

Ok, would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to see how the connection/speed compares?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 31 of 39

Hi Michelle,

I have only have the DSL 3782 router no other one.

Thanks

lpb46

0 Likes

Message 32 of 39

Are you currently using the 3782 router? Do you have an alternative router that you could test with please?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 33 of 39

Hi Michelle,

I have a D-Link Micro Filter DSL-35MF which came with my DSL 3782 Router. However I cannot see how we can connect as it has a DSL and Phone female connections one end and one male phone connector the other.

Thanks

Plb46

0 Likes

Message 34 of 39

Hi,

Did you try to connect the router using a microfilter?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 35 of 39

Hi Michelle,

I removed the face plate and attempted to connect to the master socket. However it did not seem to lock in so I did not get any Broad Band or internet connection. I tried with another cable but the same. Replaced face plate reconnected router with another cable. We are now getting to the router 41685 kps and using Talktalk speed test 39 mbs download and 14 mbs up load.

Thanks

Lpb46

0 Likes

Message 36 of 39

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. Do you mean that the router is currently connected to the test socket behind the faceplate?

Michelle

0 Likes

plb46
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 37 of 39

Hi Michelle,

My master socket is 5c and my router is plugged into it and my lap top is plugged via an ethernet cable to my Lap Top and I am getting a speed of 35.6 mbs.  My router is showing 43110 kps and the speed test is also showing 42 mbs to your router.

Thanks

plb46

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 38 of 39

Good morning,

I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes