cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Kernel panic DG8041W

Mark071113
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 20

please help my talktalk router keeps rebooting, sometimes 5 times a day.

[Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset. Cause: System reset due to kernel panic, Terminal:OTHER

this is driving me crazy.

thanks

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

OK, just let us know if you experience any further problems

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

PC is on a wired network, same as all my cameras, then HDMI to tv.

only 1 smart device disconnected in the night and router seems faster to access, looks like it has settled down for now.

maybe it will be ok.

thanks for now....

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Hi Mark,

I can't see any issues at our end, speeds look good. How does the windows PC connect to the TV and how does it connect to the router?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

ok so router is ok if I pause NowTV. it also didnt crash until I started watching NOWTV if that helps, I am watching it on my TV via a windows 11 pc.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

I have powered down for 15 mins, restarted, router is super slow when I log into it, yes slower than the slow that it was before, computer now keeps asking me if I want to close or wait. I wait. when I go to the logs it shows me one page, I click next page and it logs me out.

I try going to something else in the router and it logs me out. Not getting anywhere. even before this I keep getting notification from Tuya app saying device off line, then it comes back and another device goes offline, but its constant one device then another.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Hi

Power the router off for 2 minutes at the mains then back on and see if it lets you log in.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

thanks, but now when I try to navigate the router, it randomly kicks me out back to log on page.

this is not good.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Hi

I've updated the router to the latest firmware, see if this is better.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

just crashed and rebooted again, see log

12.09.2024 14:38:13ErrorDNS
DNS name resolution failure (api.intelsa.intel.com)
12.09.2024 14:38:13ErrorDNS
12.09.2024 14:34:04WarningDHCPC
WAN DHCP client (1) stopped
12.09.2024 14:33:13ErrorDNS
12.09.2024 14:33:13ErrorDNS
12.09.2024 14:28:19ErrorDNS
DNS name resolution failure (control-10eu.kebab.jp)
12.09.2024 14:28:13ErrorDNS
12.09.2024 14:28:13ErrorDNS
0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Hi Mark

Thanks for your reply.

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

no more kernel panic yet, it would be nice if the new router had Nat loop back like the old one as I have a few cameras.

it would also be nice if it came configured to work with smart home devices, none would connect but I have it working now

thanks 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Hi Mark,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20
0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

thank you, lets hope it sorts everything out.

Message 15 of 20

Hi Mark,

I've ordered a replacement router. It should be with you within a couple of working days 

Chris

Message 16 of 20

yes I would love a new router. thanks

Mark071113
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 20

yes I would love a new router. thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 20

Hi @Mark071113 

Apologies for this.

I will need to send you a different router. Are you happy for me to arrange this?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 20

This is a long known issue, unfortunately there is no longer a path to upgrade that router as it is no longer supported.

The support team here will almost certainly replace this with a newer Hub, make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.