cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Longstanding fault wont get fixed unless I sign a new contract to cease and reprovide

Markbourn
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

For three years our office (2 copper loop phone lines and FTTC)  has had intermittent speed and poor call quality.  Over the last year and a half we have had extremely bad crackling and hissing noises as well as internet dropping out - this happens every time it rains.  We cannot call out and people cannot call in (theres an engaged tone)      Talk Talk ran a remote test and always say there's no problem.   We have managed to get an openreach engineer actually visit (three or four times only over the years) but they usually report no fault (because its intermittent and they take a while to turn up) -  As the problems have got worse the last couple of visits and the last line test showed loop faults (it was raining when those took place) .  However it seems talk talk close the case as soon as they pass it up - so theres no continuity or quality in the service and theres no linkage seemingly between the fact that this is a chronic problem.  

I recently submitted a complaint about the standards of service as we have had 4 days of wet weather and internet dies and calls fail several times each day- which are not good.   I was told we have to renew our contract to get this repaired (We have been customers of talk talk since 2008 when it was called 'opal') 

We have been told so many times there was no problem with the lines that we've spend a fortune on new internal wiring, new switchboard systems, our own engineers and all of the fuss to go through - just to find the problem remains.   Our engineers have told us that its a physical fault - (water or a faulty) and the only bit of the entire area (and building) that has not changed is the physical cable from the master sockets up to the junction box on the side of the building.     From that junction box and onwards to the network is all new for several streets around - (as part of some wider works Openreach have actually replaced all nearby poles, underground cables, wires from poles to the external wall junction box of each property and all of the underground cables and junctions.  The only bit not done by them is the wire between our master socket and the external junction box (line drop box?)     Everything else has changed - but our problems persist.  When it rains we cant do very much, head office dies.   

I complained again and was told Talk Talk needs to do a cease and reprovide -  am i correct in thinking this is just basically a new contract or some sort of switch over at the exchange?  -  I just want the wires repaired - after all we have paid them £16,200 over the years.  I am told I need to sign a new contract - but that they will ignore the contract if I want to leave - but they can't put that in writing or tell me anything else about it.  That sounds dodgy as can be to me,.

How do I get this fixed ? - I don't want to be locked in with talk talk or endure some unspecified change to the  setup because the case management and progression is non existent -  and if anything happens it just gets left unmonitored for years. 

I just need to get over this problem until we can spend money on a new setup. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

I know! Ive been contacting them for years so turned to this out of desperation.  Hey ho.  

I've just received an E Mail to stay they didn't look at the other line so the process needs to start again- because cases just get closed. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi Markbourn

If this is a business line/service then you would need to contact TalkTalk Business directly as we only provide support for residential customers on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

It is business - 2 standard telephone lines plus the data service.  I even have an E Mail to say that tests show a loop fault (Still) just from today.  Obviously every part of our network internally has changed - and every part of the network externally has changed -  everything apart from the sockets and cables connecting them to the external drop box.  

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Just to confirm, do you have a business line/service?

Thanks

0 Likes