cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Poor Wireless connection

sandgrown
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Now in my 70's and I have been a loyal TT customer for 16 consecutive years since 2008 and have recently yet again renewed my contract. My wireless connection is getting worse and worse. I have the old TT Huawei HG633 router which is over 9 years old. A speed test when the router and my new Samsung tablet are in the same room shows a speed to the router of 62Mbps and gets the green light 'good' but the tablet gets the red light 'poor' with speeds of between 38 and 40 Mbps. The connection is frequently lost and/or very slow. I live alone so there is no other equipment using the router. In view of my longstanding loyalty and age of the router would TT be approachable to provide me with a new router without charge please?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Good morning,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

sandgrown
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

Hi Michelle. Thanks for asking. The new router has now arrived and my neighbour is coming to see me tomorrow or Sunday to set it up for me. As soon as its done I'll let you know the result. Kind regards. Derek (sandgrown)

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Morning,

Please let us know how you get on 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Hi Karl. Sincere thanks for your speedy response and the resolution to my request. It is very much appreciated. Best regards. Sandgrown.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi @sandgrown 

Sorry to hear your having Wi-Fi issues.  The aging router will certainly impact the performance.

A new router is on the way to you now, and should be with you within 48hrs.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.