cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Loosing Internet connection

Mally4
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Starting today my internet connection has been cuting out completely.

If i'm watching a video i get the buffering circle of doom otherwise i get blank pages if it happend when i'm surfing around the net.

I have had to restart the router twice in the last hour in order to regain the connection.

I am connected via ethernet cable to the router as my pc does not have wireless built in.Any equipment that is connected to the internet, cameras, burglar alarm tv's etc also loose the connection so i have ruled out an issue with my pc.

The online connection checker reports that it cannot complete the test and to chat to our team, however the radio button to click to chat to someone does not work ( as usual ) so i am stuck as to what the issue is.

Anyone with help / info please respond.

Thanks.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Mally4,

I'm not sure what to suggest, the line test is passing. You could try connecting a device directly to the ONT bypassing the router to see if it's a router problem, but I don't know how this would affect your alarm system

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

The trouble is that it is best if all tests are completed, as problems are sometimes resolved by this 30 minute switch off alone, @Mally4.

It starts a new session at the exchange.

If you need an engineer out to check things, you have to accept the possibility of being charged for the visit, so staff hope to test everything that could possibly be causing the problem before arranging for anyone to be sent out. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Mally4
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Sorry i cannot switch off for that length of time as my alarm system and cameras will all shut down and will need someone up a ladder to reset the cameras plus i would have to reinitialise all sensors in my premises to log them all back into my wifi.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi Mally4,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service, line test is passing. Can you switch the ONT and router off for 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest.

Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes