cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Loss of Internet Connectivity

Pickled
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 21

Hi

I keep getting loss of my Internet Connectivity and it has started occuring pretty much constantly,  every day it drops out and I run through all the trouble shooting, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.  I've spent time with live chat as well and that hasn't made any difference. My router is currently flashing a green light and doesn't work.  Any ideas what my next steps are as just following the "switch it off and leave it" steps does nothing?

Cheers

Dave

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

OK, if you'd like us to book the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Pickled
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 21

I can't check this I'm afraid as I don't have a landline phone anymore.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 21

Hi Pickled,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing problems. Are you currently experiencing any problems with your telephone service? Is there a dial tone? any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

You'll need to check the diary to give staff best availability if you want them to arrange an engineer visit,  @Pickled.

They'll request that you accept potential engineer charges, so it's worth taking time to read this information page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Engineer-charges/ta-p/2207291

I'll re-escalate this thread for you so that it is back in the queue for attention from staff. They'll be on here during the day, @Pickled.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Pickled
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 21

I've been on holiday so I've only just seen the response. It's still dropping out regularly, currently got an orange light on the router and no internet. What are my next steps?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

Hi Pickled

I'm really sorry to hear this.

If the connection is dropping with 2 different routers at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

0 Likes

Pickled
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 21

It's been pretty terrible to be honest, works for a bit then goes down. Got a green flashing light on the router now and no internet. What are my next steps please as this is getting increasingly frustrating.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

Good morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. How has your connection been since your last post?

Michelle

0 Likes

Pickled
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 21

My Internet has gone down again now, and has been down for about an hour.  Is there anything that can be looked at again?

Cheers

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

That's great, thanks for letting us know

Chris

0 Likes

Pickled
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 21

It seems to have been better over the past couple of days, cheers

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

Hi Pickled,

DLM has changed the profile again, has it been any better at your end over the last day or so?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

Morning,

Ok, we'll re-check the connection stats again on Friday and will post an update here.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Pickled
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 21

Thanks for checking, it's still been temperamental so hopefully will settle down in the next few days!

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

Morning Pickled

It looks like DLM is still optimising the line following the work/reset completed by Openreach.

We will check this again on Friday.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

Hi Pickled

No problem 🙂

I will post back here on Wednesday.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Pickled
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 21

That's great, thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 21

Hi Pickled

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test and this shows that Openreach have carried out work on the line recently and they have advised to allow time for the line to stabilise.

Please can you leave the router connected without rebooting for 48hrs and then I can check the connection stats again on Wednesday?

0 Likes

Pickled
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 21

All done, cheers

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 20 of 21

Hi @Pickled 

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes