cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Low Fibre Speeds

chris12341
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

Hi!

I have recently started having trouble with my broadband speeds. My guaranteed download speed is 33mbps. Until recently I have been receiving anything between 40-42mbps. However, I have been having trouble for the last few days. Speed tests this evening have shown widely fluctuating results. For example, a speed test taken at 8.32pm showed a download speed of 0.8mbps, but one taken at 8.40pm showed a download speed of 41.6mbps! At 8.48 it was back down to 15.1mbps.  The last test (at 8.58pm) showed 27.7mbps. 

Can anyone help please? I have tried turning off the router, but it made no difference. I did wonder if the age of the router made any difference. I have had the one I am currently using for some time. I believe that it is an old one - a Huawei HG633.

Any assistance anyone can give will be much appreciated. Many thanks.

Chris

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. The HG633 is one of our older routers. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out and see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes