cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Low Fibre Speeds

chris12341
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 26

Hi!

I have recently started having trouble with my broadband speeds. My guaranteed download speed is 33mbps. Until recently I have been receiving anything between 40-42mbps. However, I have been having trouble for the last few days. Speed tests this evening have shown widely fluctuating results. For example, a speed test taken at 8.32pm showed a download speed of 0.8mbps, but one taken at 8.40pm showed a download speed of 41.6mbps! At 8.48 it was back down to 15.1mbps.  The last test (at 8.58pm) showed 27.7mbps. 

Can anyone help please? I have tried turning off the router, but it made no difference. I did wonder if the age of the router made any difference. I have had the one I am currently using for some time. I believe that it is an old one - a Huawei HG633.

Any assistance anyone can give will be much appreciated. Many thanks.

Chris

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 21 of 26
0 Likes

chris12341
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 26

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for sending the replacement router.

Tests this evening show a download speed of just over 41mbps, so hopefully the problem has resolved itself.

I will update you once I have tested the connection with the new router.

Chris

Message 23 of 26

Hi @chris12341 

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

chris12341
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 26

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have carried out more speed tests this evening, and the problem seems to have sorted itself. Download speeds this evening were measuring between 40 and 41mbps.

If possible, could you please send a replacement router anyway.

Chris

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 25 of 26

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. The HG633 is one of our older routers. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out and see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Michelle