cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

No internet

kyoude
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

I have totally lost internet now, it having been patchy for a couple of days. I have done all the tests with the tech team through the chat. They say there is a problem at their end which there engineers are working on. They said leave the chat open but they will text me when the problem is sorted. My laptop tells me I am connected to the internet and all the router lights are on but I cannot connect. When it was working my promised download speed of 65 is in fact 30 having been going down for the last week. Until today when I had patchy wifi when I went sites like BBC News, Facebook and my Guardian newspaper I could get text but no photos. Anybody else had a similar problem?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for letting us know 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

kyoude
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 11

Problem solved! The fault was in the cabinet on the street. I was attached to a faulty card. Open Reach engineer attached me to a healthy card. Job done!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi

If you are showing 61 to your laptop then the low speed to the router may be a reporting issue within my account and it has not caught up yet.

To test the connection speed, run a speed test from a device wired to the router.

Use an alternative speed test site as a comparison to give an average result.  

Try Sam Knows Speedtest  

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

kyoude
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 11

The engineer texted me to say he had found the problem in the local fibre cabinet. It appears several people have been having problems. He has moved my line off the faulty card (as it hasn't been fixed yet) onto a healthy card and it is now testing good again. So he didn't need to visit my home. I have just done a speed test. I now have 61 megabits download to my laptop. However, only 13 megabits to my router and it says poor status. Do I need to report this to TalkTalk via a chat? 

Speed test.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi

Please let us know how you get on following the engineer visit.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

kyoude
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 11

An OpenReach engineer is booked in to come today as, after all the tests that have been done, they have decided it is a fault on the BT line!!!

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 11

Good morning,

How are you getting on? Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and update you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes