cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Off Again

Ryoma2040
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 49 of 49

My connection is once again dropping multiple times a day and if it manages to reconnect, I'm getting speeds of around 0.5mbps down. 
The phone seems to work fine (not great but it never is).

The problems started about a week ago and today the connection has been down several times already and on one occasion it was over half an hour before it could reconnect.

I've checked all of the cables and reset the router, even swapped several bits out to see if it helped, which it did not. It's currently connected directly to the test socket and that has made no difference to stability or speed. 

BadTimeInternet.png
0 Likes
48 REPLIES 48

Message 1 of 49

Morning @Ryoma2040 

Just checking back in to see how your connection has been?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 49

Good morning,

I'm glad to hear this 🙂 We'll check back in with you in a few days just to check how the stability has been.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 3 of 49

The engineer came out and did some tests, then he went off to find the fault on the line.
I never heard back from him but we've had no disconnects in the last 3 days so hopefully it's sorted.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 49

I've booked the first available appointment - June 26 2024, AM - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 49

OK, I'll book the engineer now and get back to you with the details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 49

Yes that's fine. I accept.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 49

Hi Ryoma2040,

Could you confirm that you accept potential engineer charges -  Engineers charges - and I'll book he engineer for you. We can usually get a next working day appointment so are you available tomorrow if there's an appointment slot available?

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 49

I've only tested with the two routers that I have and everything is still in the test socket.
It's now back up to 4.1mbps but probably won't stay there.

I'm happy to have the engineer visit any time or any day except this Friday.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 49

Hi again,

Thanks for confirming. The line test is detecting a potential fault towards the property. Would you like to go ahead with an engineer visit to the property? Have you recently tested with a different router at the test socket? Please can you confirm acceptance of possible time related engineer charges and also provide a few days availability AM (8-1) and PM (1-6) and we'll book this visit for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 10 of 49

No, I've not seen an engineer since Thursday.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 49

Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear this. Are the engineers still working outside? If all testing has been completed at the test socket with 2 different routers then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 49

Everything was fine as far as I could tell until this morning. The internet has disconnected several times, on one occasion being off for 30 minutes. Now I'm back to sub-1mbps down.

NotAgain.png
0 Likes

Message 13 of 49

Hi Ryoma2040,

Thanks for the update, please let us know if you experience any further problems

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 49

Yes, I haven't touched it since the engineer was here.
There are currently 3 engineers working on the line just down the road but I'm not sure what they're doing.

My connection has been more or less back to normal since I turned the router off for 30 minutes.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 49

Morning,

I've re-checked your connection stats now and the line test is detecting a potential fault towards the property. Can I just confirm if the router is still connected to the test socket at the moment please?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 16 of 49

Thanks for confirming. I'll check back in with you tomorrow to see how the stability looks then. If it is still dropping then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 17 of 49

It does appear to be more or less back to normal speeds now.
I suppose I'll have to wait and see if it still disconnects throughout the day.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 49
0 Likes

Message 19 of 49

I will try that now.
I'll turn it back on at 10:30.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 49

Hi,

Ok, could you try powering down the router for a full 30 minutes and then try another speed test please as this will reset the current session. If there is no improvement and you've tested with 2 different routers at the test socket, then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes