cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Our supplier needs to do more work before we can get you connected

accosuk
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

Back in April I got from openreach an email We've got good news - Ultrafast Full Fibre broadband is now available at bla bla, Liverpool, Merseyside, L17 Bla. You can order now from a
range of service providers - simply choose the package that's right for
you.

My lad was so excited I got onto talktalk straight away and was given a date for May which passed and then I began to get generic text msg from talktalk "Hello we have found a problem with your order. Our supplier needs to do more work before we can get you connected."

After talking to customer services more than once I was told I needed to get permission to work, so I got on the my housing association and they replied: Good news we have given permission for you to instruct BT to proceed.

In the mean time Talktalk had sent a new date many months ahead but this passed with no installation and to my shock.

After getting onto CS I was told the order was cancelled, so here we go again reordering and yet again this new date passed without installation.

I tried calling CS today but got cut off just after going through all the security question.

Now the only thing I can think of is this permission to work is holding everything up as my neighbours only waited 2 week with other providers.
Can someone help?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi Michelle

things looked really positive after making the last post.

New freshly painted lines from the underground duct had been resprayed to the entry point at my property.

I rang TT order management team for an update an hour ago and was asked if Openreach had been in touch, which they haven't and then told to give TT management another ring if nothing happens by the 28 October.

Fingers crossed this doesn't play out as previously.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Morning,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Good afternoon,

Ok thank you for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Cheers @Arne-TalkTalk 

I called TT today and talk to Venesa from the orders management team.
She informed me that Openreach still need to do some external work, and that my the order is still ok.

Venesa, also said TT need to wait on an openreach update and this could be as early as tomorrow.

I'll keep faith in this happening and update this thread.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Unfortunately it looks like the order needs to be cancelled.  This will require you to contact us gain to place a new order. 

accosuk
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 13

@Arne-TalkTalkthanks for taking the time to look.
I emailed openreach about the situation, & they told me an order was open and any issues should go through TT "as they can  contact our service management centre directly for assistance".
I look forward to hearing back from TT with an honest answer as to why this installation is dragging on, or even better a true date for install.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

I will see if I can find an update for you, I can see an open order on your account.

Message 8 of 13

So That why I'm here to hopefully get help sorting this out or is it move to the provider that has backup to get it to you withinn week of placing an order?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

I meant: it must have been available on Talktalk's system. Otherwise you couldn't have got that far, @accosuk.

So the problems must be with Openreach. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 10 of 13
upgrade optionsupgrade options

@Gliwmaeden2 wrote:

as you couldn't order it in the first place with Talktalk if it were not yet available on their system. 

I don't understand, talktak has since offered me it as an upgrade option a few month back.

0 Likes

accosuk
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 13

I got to order at least twice and the guy who lives 2 doors from me ordered his through another provider months after I did and waited 2 weeks.

Originally openreach had been and made some marking from the underground duct to outside my property within a week of placing my order the first time, so I haven't go a clue why mine has not been done yet .

A couple of marking to the houses next to me have been both done and I believe both only took a few weeks to go live from order date.

if that help?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

Some orders do seem to get cancelled repeatedly, @accosuk.

Supply not keeping up with demand. The delay is likely to be at Openreach's end, as you couldn't order it in the first place with Talktalk if it were not yet available on their system. 

There can be huge variation between supply to neighbours  / ISPs - there are queues at every stage of the system. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes