cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

PORT 445 BLOCKED - CAN'T ACCESS WORKS SMB

korri
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 15 of 15

Hi, I've just had installed a new Sagemcom router. 

The fibre wifi works fine. 

I work from home, and the only way I have to connect to my work files are via SMB (a piece of code I enter via a Terminal window). This has suddenly stopped working (was working fine on my old router).

My work say that my 'Port 445 must be blocked'.

I've had one very painful conversation with TalkTalk, and they can't help seem to help me whatsoever. I can't be the only one this has happened to. I vaguely remember something like this happening the last time I upgraded my Wifi with them, but I managed to fix it (possibly in the router settings, but not this time). I'm sure it has to be something really simple.

Please can anyone help shed light of how to do this? I've logged in to my router, but have no idea what to do to unblock the port (if that is indeed the issue.

I cannot FTP as an option either, as I work from a Macbook Pro and the company I work for don't allow Macs to FTP.

Please help! I can't work as a result.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Morning,

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for confirming 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi again - it works! Thank you 😁

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hello,

We've now made an additional change to the firmware. Please can you retest the firewall at your usual settings.

Thanks

Message 4 of 15

Hi korri

Sorry for the delay. I'm just waiting for a reply from our Devices Team.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi korri

I'm just speaking to our Devices Team and I will post back as soon as I have further information.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

My work are suggesting I enable 'DMZ', does that sound like a good idea?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

It was already on Medium, so I tried lowering to 'Low' and I can now connect. However, doesn't this lead to safety issues?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi korri

Thanks for your reply.

Your router has the correct firmware version which resolved the previous VPN fault.

Please can you try changing the firewall settings in the router from high to medium?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Yes fibre has just been installed, Sagemcom router

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi korri

Sorry I mean do you have fibre to the property? (ONT and router)

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

It's an SMB connection (sorry, I'm not very technical), I open up a Macbook Terminal window and pop in code that starts like this:

open smb: / /

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi korri

Thank you. Just to confirm, is this a FTTP connection?

0 Likes

korri
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 13 of 15

Thank you, I've just added these

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 15

Hi korri

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes