cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Please check WiFi optimisation is disabled for my Sagemcom Fast 5364 router

alanl8
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

I have previously requested that WiFi optimisation is disabled for my router, as it causes the device to select channels that are congested, resulting in intermittent WiFi connectivity.  This was last done on my router in 2022 but I suspect it may have become enabled again, as the router seems to have reset again to default channels.

Please can someone check that WiFi optimisation is disabled for my router? (and if not, please disable it)

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Morning Alan,

Ok thanks for the update and please let us know if anything does change.

Thanks again.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi Michelle and thanks for getting back to me.  I was able to check the following morning and the channel hadn't changed (whereas if optimisation had been enabled it would have reset overnight at some point, from memory).  I won't be able to check it for the next few days but if it's still unchanged next week, then I guess it was just a one-off event that caused it to change.  I know that the router should automatically reselect the channel (for the DFS channels, which are 100+), to avoid conflicting with weather radar, naval use, etc  but my understanding was that the non-DFS channels (Band A, 36-64) should not do that.  If it happens again, I'll follow up with any more details I can determine at the time.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Alan,

How have you found your connection over the last few days?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 4 of 7

Hi Alan,

Ok thanks. We'll also check back in with you in a few days to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

alanl8
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Hi Chris, thanks for checking, that's great.

Odd that the 5GHz channel would have reset to the default then - the 2.4GHz channel should be on the default of 1 anyway, so I cannot tell from that alone, nor do I know when it got reset either, but good to know that it shouldn't be changing as a result of optimisation.  I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days - hopefully it was a one-off.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi Alan,

Yes it's disabled

Chris

0 Likes