cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Poor connectivity, lots of ping spikes when gaming

szechuany
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

I've tried many diagnostics but the problem still persists where there is lots of packet loss which results in ping spikes in game, this happens despite using ethernet cable. Please help thank you

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Morning,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting on as the fault has now been closed?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Morning,

I've re-checked this morning on the fault and there are no additional updates as yet. We'll continue to monitor and will post back as soon as we know more.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hello,

Thanks for confirming. As the line test has detected a potential fault, we've passed this over to Openreach for an external line investigation to be completed. We will re-check first thing tomorrow morning for an update on the fault.

Thanks

0 Likes

szechuany
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

There is static noise on the voice line, the connection. download speeds are fine but the ping spikes in game still occur there are lots of packet loss at random intervals

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential fault. Is there any noise on the voice service? Are you experiencing any issues with the connection such as slow speeds or instability or just the ping spikes?

Thanks

0 Likes