FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems throughout the installation process

SherylP
First Timer
Message 11 of 11

Hello, 

On 14th December I had an engineer come out to install the fibre broadband. He told us that he couldn't install unless he had permission off the council to install a new line (we moved from Virgin Media). I chased up the council and on the 16th got permission and sent it in to your customer service team via live chat. I got my installation rebooked for the following week and that went fine and had internet up and running.

But my account is saying that I "missed" my engineer appointment on the 14th, even though I didn't. I kept getting texts, emails and calls saying that I needed to rebook my missed appointment and kept having to explain I hadn't. So last week I went onto live chat to ask why I was getting spammed with these messages despite having my internet already. They told me that was the fault of the engineer for not closing the order correctly and would update my account. My account is still not updated, not even to say that it has moved to the next stage, it still says I missed the 14th appointment. 

On Friday my internet went down all day. I live chat again with someone who told me that the order was still not closed and was being completed at the exchange on that day, hence why the internet was down. I was told it should be sorted on that day. 

Today I still do not have any internet access, I go on live chat and they tell me my account is "inactive". They tell me to call customer services but I found they don't work Sundays. I don't know if I'll be able to call until Wednesday at the very least due to work. 

I just would like to know what is going on with my account and how long do these processes  usually take (i.e. closing the order and connecting to the exchange.) is it normal for it to take days?

I need this sorted pretty urgently as my partner is work from home and hasn't been able to work the last 3 days. I don't know if this is better than live chat but I seem to be getting limited information from live chat so I am trying here instead. 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

It might be quicker to place a new order online via our sales site.  We dont have access to that information Sorry

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

I've already spoken to someone on Monday. Apparently my whole package got cancelled without informing me beforehand and I need to await a sales rep to contact me. If you can find out when am I to be contacted since I've been waiting two days now that would be great.

I'm at the end of my limit with TalkTalk to be honest. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi @SherylP

Sorry that you are having problems

I have asked our provisioning team to look into this 

Will let you know when they reply.

0 Likes

SherylP
First Timer
Message 4 of 11

Still do not have any internet this morning. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Yeah I suspected as much, I knew it wae a long shot to try and get help on a Sunday but at least the topic is up for them to see tomorrow. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 11
0 Likes

Ring24
Participant
Message 7 of 11

I have Talk Talk online defence version 18.1 installed in my computer. I try to run full computer scan. The manual says that on the main view of the product, on the Viruses and Threats view you are given the option for a Quick scan or a Full computer scan. However, none of these options exist. Some time ago the full computer scan was included but it seems that it has been removed. So, I would like to ask you if the full computer scan has been removed from the new version of the product. If it hasn't been removed could you please tell me how can I run a full computer scan.

George
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 11

@Ring24 What do you want help with?

0 Likes

Ring24
Participant
Message 9 of 11

Sorry I know I am at the wrong place but I'm trying to post a new question. Could you please tell me how can i post a question in the forum?

George
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

This sounds like a bit of a mess. The support team here will certainly look into this for you, bear in mind that they won't be back online until tomorrow.