cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Recent constant disconnecting from the internet via the Router

Johnross000
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

I usually don't have much issues but recently over the last 2 weeks or so, my FAST 5364 Hub constantly seems to disconnect from the internet and having to reboot itself via the orange light, but also a couple of times i haven't had any Wi-Fi connection so i have had to manually turn it off and back on to get my internet working again.

Can anyone advise if the router is starting to go faulty as i have had it for around 4 years now.

Hardware Version FAST5364 3.00
Software Version SG4K100136
GUI Version 5.6.1

John Ross
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Johnross000,

Glad to hear it's working now. As ferguson has said, the only real difference is the voice port

Chris

Message 2 of 8

Glad to know it is working. It is essentially a similar model to its predecessor, the added phone port means it is good to go with a VoIP service if you upgrade to Full Fibre. 

Message 3 of 8

Thank You 

Just received the Sagemcom FAST5464 Wi-Fi Hub v2 today.

So far it is plugged in and working normally - the white front LED light is a lot brighter than my previous one (nearly couldnt see it at all)

I see that the Icons that you can set in the settings, to determine easy names and set an icon too, dont really seem to be updated to account for most smart home devices, and it would be nice to have a lot more customs ones such as Smart Plug / Smart Doorbell / Smart Plugs / Home CCTV / LED Strips etc so that it can be customised a little better than the options already there (most of mine i had to set to Misc with a dubious question mark icon instead!) or simply Audio or Video.

However the replacement is no running and will assume that there will be no more issues in the near future.

I will return the old Sagemcom 5364 WI-FI Hub v1 in the post tomorrow.

Regards

PS (i assume the only difference is the addition of a voice phone socket on the rear?) which i don't yet use but do have a stand alone home phone.

The instruction booklet didn't have this showing on the diagrams or have any info about it as yet.

John Ross
0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi John

The router is on its way, this will be a Sagemcom WIFI hub.

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 5 of 8

Yes please if you would, i wondered if it was because the router was a few years old now and never powered off.

Appreciate it, yes i would rather send the old one back.

Will it be a better powered hub or is it a like for like replacement one?

John Ross
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see a few re-connections on the line. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Hi @Johnross000 your post has been escalated and you should hear today, the team will run their tests for you and get you sorted. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes