cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Renewal 03/08/24

Cindy8
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

TalkTalk New Contract
I have renewed, but you changed the renewal date to 29/6/2024 from 3/08/2024. I would like to know when I will be receiving my new router because the old one keeps coming up with connected no internet. Open reach have been to see me and they rewired the connection, but this made no difference. The router shows connected -  no internet, and I go into the loft where it has been for years and the light is  orange. I renewed, because I read in the contract a new router would be sent, as I firmly believe this will cure the problem. It definitely says in the contract that a new router will be sent. I wish to know when I can expect it as I am going on holiday soon. I need to be able to check my security camera, whist I am away. At the moment this cannot be relied on.

I have been with you for many years and I would like this problem resolved.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Cindy,

As Gliwmaeden2 says, we wouldn't automatically send a new router when you renew your contract but as you are experiencing problems with the current router I will arrange to send one

Chris

0 Likes

Cindy8
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Updated.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Contracts always renew from the date you set them up, @Cindy8, like switching tariffs within the same energy company. 

Any excess you may have paid in the latest bill will be refunded in the next one.

Routers are not always sent out with a new contract, if they work fine, but they can be replaced any time a fault is found as part of the diagnostic process to resolve the fault.

Staff will respond during business hours. 

Old routers need to be returned.

Once the new one reaches you, put the old one in the prepaid returns bag. Keep a certificate of posting for your records and to track the return. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes