cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Returning Equipment

surfrockuk
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 19 of 19

Hello,

I have not received a return packet from talktalk to return the equipment I have here waiting to go back.  I am now being told I will be charged £50 for not returning but I want to return it and will once I have a return packet.   

I have been unable to contact you via email or online chat.  I have also sent a recorded letter to this effect.

Please could you send me a return packet as I've never received one?

SurfrockUK - Re Shoeing Rural Broadband
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Please read my reply to the previous customer, @BDMbeercan.

You need to do exactly the same. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

BDMbeercan
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 19

Ive cancelled my talktalk and need help sending back my TV box and modem, can anyone help?

bryan morris
0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Please start your own thread, @Giddypig, to avoid confusion between accounts in replies.

You need to return to the message board and click on start a topic. 

Also add your Talktalk account number or phone number in Personal Information. Go via your avatar; settings; drop down menu....SAVE CHANGES. 

It will be after the weekend now before you get a reply from staff. 

edit:

I see you have started your own thread, but not yet completed your community forum profile details!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

I am still waiting for a return bag too, can one be sent

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

@Dougz please start your own thread and ensure your community profile is updated and we can look into this. 

Dougz
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 19

Its crazy how i ended up with a black mark on my credit report because of this company.all because they dont answer you so happy two see other people reporting it because everyone thinks your a liar when you tell them about the problems you had/have with talktalk.a over a year since i left them and i am still waiting on a returns bag and label🙈

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

I finally received my letter(s) too. Funnily enough the first letter that I should have received in the middle of July turned up at my temporary accommodation as well.

I think talk talk should look into the way they treat their leaving customers IE a number that they CAN contact when they are no longer a talk talk customer as I did intend to join them again in the near future when I move to my new home. That won't be happening after this experience, I am yet to receive confirmation they got the package and I to have proof of postage.

Tony
0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Hi surfrockuk

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Just a little update for other community members. 

The prepaid Equipment return Package has now arrived 8 days after I requested it (having not been sent one previously).  I will be returning equipment to the below address and obtaining proof of postage.

Talktalk Returns

71 Bilton Way
Enfield

Middx
EN3 7EP

Message 11 of 19

Thank you.  I look forward to receiving it.  How long should it take to arrive?

Message 12 of 19
0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Yes Tony, exactly what was happening to me.  VERY, VERY, FRUSTRATING. 

Finally got through this morning using postcode.

Already sent a recorded letter.

Message 14 of 19

Thats the exact same number I have phoned at least 15 times. I get an automated voice telling me to put in my landline number, or my mobile number and every time it says "sorry we didn't get that" Its so frustrating when you can't get a call to them or from them.

Tony

Message 15 of 19
0 Likes

surfrockuk
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 16 of 19

Spoke to Citizens Advice who asked me to phone TalkTalk customer Service on 0345 1720088.

I phoned TalkTalk Customer Service on 0345 1720088 and finally got through this time.  I have been advised a return bag will be sent out so I'll see if I get it this time.  When it arrives I have to take the equipment to the post office and obtain proof of postage. 

I'll update here with progress for anyone else facing the same issue.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 19

TalkTalk can't charge £50 for equipment for which they haven't provisioned a return. 

You can't contact them once you've finished your contract which seems highly irregular and makes a £50 charge a default if you dont get a return packet.  I reading here some people are returning equipment and STILL getting charged.

I am 100% happy to return their equipment when they send me a prepaid packet!

Tonyh007
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 18 of 19

I reported the same problem over an hour ago. They won't reply. I advise you to take this matter further as I have done. Phone Citizens Advice as I have done and they will help.

Tony