cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Returning to TalkTalk from EE unable to retain existing phone number ?

Bankruptbilly
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

Hello, I have just rejoined TalkTalk yesterday, with new fibre contract. Have been subscribing to mail plus for a long time to retain existing mailboxes etc after moving to EE with my landline existing phone number (old BT) number and previous associated with my old TalkTalk contract.

Was told I would be getting a new telephone number, obviously I would like to retain my existing number which I have had for 28 years, I queried this and advised to phone customer services today who should be able to resolve this for me.

Acting on the advice given, I proceeded with the order.

Today I have been on the phone for nearly 2 hours, transferred from department to department to be told that the old number cannot be reactivated or associated with my account once it has migrated from TalkTalk.

I really don’t understand how difficult this is ? Where does the problem originate and can it be resolved ?

Everything on your website says I can retain an existing number when switching from another provider.

Totally disillusioned, deflated and seriously contemplating cancelling the contract before full fruition.

Any advice, resolutions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 2 of 17

Thank you for for your advice, think I’m going to cancel my current order and start from the beginning again.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Thank you for your reply and advice.

I think I will probably cancel the current order and start the process again, suspect I would loose my current number completely if I let the order run and tried to re number after my go live date.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

@Shonk10, the OP did order over the phone. All detailed in the thread.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Shonk10
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 5 of 17

I Went live 10 days ago when i tried completing it online it refused to offer me to keep my old number

I was with talktalk from 2018-2020

then went back to sky from 2020-2023

In the end i ordered it via phone telling them i wanted to keep my old number

It transfered just fine

You might be better off doing the same otherwise there is a good chance you will lose the number

Message 6 of 17

Hi @Bankruptbilly

Your order isnt due to complete until the 31st so we wouldn't be able to renumber the line until it went live. The other option is to cancel the current order then put through another order specifically asking for a migration of the number to the line. 

Hope that helps.

Message 7 of 17

Thank you. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 17

I'll move the thread to the ordinary Fibre section, @Bankruptbilly!

From there, staff will check what's going on with the phone number. 

Message 9 of 17

Apologies, FTTC 

Message 10 of 17

OK, sorry to labour the point, but: Fibre 65 FTTC; or Fibre 65 Full Fibre? Confusingly, TalkTalk offer two products with a similar name. 

Message 11 of 17

Fibre 65

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Thanks for your reply, have ordered the Fibre 65 package.

Yes I did give my existing number during signing up, unfortunately I had to proceed via telephone as trying via my existing mail plus/account kept me going round in a relentless circle when clicking links etc.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Which service with TalkTalk have you switched to, as @Gondola asked?

Message 14 of 17

Thank you for your advice, have completed profile as suggested.

Retaining original phone number was requested several times by myself during my conversation yesterday during sign up, hence the predicament I’m currently in.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 17

Retaining the phone number should have been requested with the order, not after, @Bankruptbilly.

Otherwise they go into a pool, so anybody could have snapped it up since yesterday as a new order.

If you are very, very lucky you might get it back, if it's still available. 

Complete your community forum profile details for TT to look at the account.

Go via your avatar/name; settings. Add your account number, where it asks for Talktalk landline number, Personal Information and in Private Notes, at the end of that section, put the phone number you have been given. 

Then the phone number you wish to retrieve. SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff will respond during the day. 

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

TalkTalk would normally be able to port your existing landline number during the 30 days after switching the broadband service.

Normally when you order a package from TalkTalk you are asked if you want to retain the existing number. Full fibre packages however do state during the order process that the package offered is without a landline.

Which package have you ordered and did you give the landline number during the order?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution