Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow speeds

50 REPLIES 50
Plantfoot1
Team Player

I have had very slow speeds 0.8 to 1.5 for about two months chat to talk talk about six time told me I have fault  will send out an engineer 30sec after finish chat receive email telling me fault was fixed which was not the case. Waited for engineer to come next day he did not turn up. This has happened four times now , therefore I wrote to complaints dept have had no reply after 25 days waiting . I removed power to router for 30mins  now speed up to 31mps shouuls have speeds 45to 65.  Now I am back chat and all that rubbish of remove socket , reset router and wait 24 hrs .

if I can not get this fixed I will be looking for new providers

J
OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Plantfoot1,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Is the router connected to the test socket at the moment? Is the voice service also ok with no noise on the line?

Thanks

Plantfoot1
Team Player

Hi 
yes router and landline in test socket. no noise on landline, not sure about voice mail as I do not use this 

thanks for looking into this problem 

Jack 

J
OCE_Michelle

Hi Plantfoot1,

Thanks for confirming this. Have you ever tested with a different router?

Thanks

Plantfoot1
Team Player
No. I have an old router the one before this
J
OCE_Karl

Hi

Would you like me to send another router for testing ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Plantfoot1
Team Player

Yes that would be a good step to take

J
OCE_Karl

Hi

Router on the way.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Plantfoot1
Team Player

Thanks Karl

J
OCE_Karl

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

Plantfoot1
Team Player

Hi Karl

new router has arrived, I set it up at about 15:54 today it seems to open pages quicker with no hesitation. No increase in speeds still only 31bps 

Jack 

J
OCE_Debbie

Hi Jack

Has the router been connected to the line for a full 48hrs? We advise to allow DLM at least 48hrs to start making changes to the line profile/speed.

Thanks

Debbie

Plantfoot1
Team Player

Hi Debbie

The router was connected on Friday the 22nd at 15:58

regards Jack 

J
OCE_Chris

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the information. Is your router still connected to your test socket? If it is and there's been no speed improvement then we can log this out for an engineer visit

Chris

Plantfoot1
Team Player

Hi Chris 

router still in test socket , and no speed increase still 31.25 bps 

regards Jack 

J
OCE_Debbie

Hi Jack

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

OCE_Chris

Hi Jack,

I've replied to your PM requesting a bit more information 

Chris

Plantfoot1
Team Player

Hi

I thought I was waiting for a time that an engineer would be calling 

what’s is going on ?

regards jack

J
OCE_Chris

Hi Plantfoot1,

Have you heard anything since your last post, I've checked the engineer appointment and it looks asthough it may have been close/cancelled 

Thanks

Chris

OCE_Chris

Hi Plantfoot1,,

Our network team have confirmed that the engineer visit isn't going ahead tomorrow, there appears to have been a problem with the booking. They've advised us to book the engineer directly with Openreach so is there a couple of time slots later in the week when you can be available - I'm really sorry about this, I know it must be inconvenient 

Chris