cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Speed Cap / Line Reset

DarrenJackson1
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 37 of 37

Please remove any speed cap and/or reset my line speed. Since the major fault fix in June my speed has never been restored to 12Mbps and is stuck on less than 8Mbps.

If you look at historic line statistics and speed test records you will see that the line regularly achieved 12Mbps.

0 Likes
36 REPLIES 36

Message 21 of 37

Afternoon @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Thank you for the update; disappointingly slow progress from OpenReach yet again because they refuse to actually replace old, worn, damaged and dug up (by Voneous) infrastructure which is well past is date.

Ironically an hour or two after your last message my latest TalkTalk bill arrived. I'm not very happy paying the full amount of my bills for the past nine months given that I have had continual interruptions, slowdowns (could be running at 50% more capacity), poor latency  at times (probably due to errors) and, you can correct me if I am wrong, but in the order of about 5 engineers - two of which came to the house. Not to mention the hours on online chats, forums, disruption to work. It took a lot of grief to even get £22 back and that was only initially refunded as £11 and I had to fight to get the remainder paid. My formal complaint resulted in net zero nothing... my next step is the regulator.

My proposal is I will pay 50% of my bills from January onwards on the basis that's the level of service I have received. If you would therefore arrange a refund/credit accordingly. Once you have my agreement my service is restored to 12Mbps then I will resume the full contractual amount. Please would you arrange that. Thank you.

Regards

Darren Jackson

0 Likes

Message 22 of 37

Hi DarrenJackson1

The fault is still with Openreach and traffic management. Next update is due on 21/09/23.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 37

Hi DarrenJackson1

Openreach have advised that this fault is still with the team due to fault location (on a blind bend) Further updates should be available on 18/09/2023.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 24 of 37

Hi DarrenJackson1

Openreach have advised that the next update will be due on 15/09/23, apologies for the delay.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 37

Hi DarrenJackson1

There are no additional updates from Openreach as yet. I will post back as soon as I have further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 26 of 37

Hi DarrenJackson1

I believe they may have to dig up part of the road to fix the fault and this is why traffic management is required.

I will keep you updated as soon as I have further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 27 of 37

Hi

What is "complex network solution required" exactly supposed to mean, it sounds vague and fake?

Do TalkTalk and Openreach have a case against Voneus who dug upon Openreach cables causing ongoing faults since December 2022 for many properties.

Openreach messed about in the road for 30 minutes, as they do a  few times a week, and left. Broadband speed is still stuck about 7 Mbps whereas it should be 50% more at 12 Mbps.

I'll wait for further updates from you in due course. Almost nine months of disruption is too much. It's 2023 and w

0 Likes

Message 28 of 37

Hi DarrenJackson1

Openreach have provided the below update.

Complex network solution required to complete the job. 

Where the fault has been detected/located traffic management will be required so the engineers can complete the work.

I will continue to monitor for additional updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 29 of 37

Hi DarrenJackson1

Thanks for your reply.

I will continue to monitor the fault for updates from Openreach.

0 Likes

Message 30 of 37

Afternoon, no sign of OpenReach today. Thanks.

Message 31 of 37

Hi DarrenJackson1

There are no additional notes from Openreach as yet.

Has the engineer been in contact today?

0 Likes

Message 32 of 37

Hi DarrenJackson1

I can see that the fault has been assigned to a line engineer this morning.

We should hopefully have additional updates later this afternoon.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 33 of 37

Hi DarrenJackson1

This fault is still with Openreach, no additional updates have been provided at the moment.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 34 of 37

Hi DarrenJackson1

As the line test is still detecting a potential fault I have passed this over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

We should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 35 of 37

Morning

Broadband is working, seems stable, but it could by 50% faster than the current speed (~7Mbps) based on long term performance (~12Mbps).

Router details are:

Product type: HG635
Hardware version: G.1.01
Software version: v1.14t

Remote Managmenet (TR069) is disabled and will remain so after a Talk Talk engineering factory reset the router - without notice and without permission thereby wiping out my custom configration which was entirely unnecessary.

The land line (telephone) isn't used, so can't comment.

Broadband was generally OK until December 2022 when Voneus starting installing FTTP and dug up OpenReach cables in a number of places, thereby breaking the wires. Voneue twisted the ends together, put insulation tape over the join and buried them in the dirt - true story. This alone took OpenReach 6 months to find/fix resulting in appalling broadband for six month this year and a formal complaint to Talk Talk who didn't really push this matter with OpenReach. OpenReach had to dig the verge, cut out the damaged section of cable, install jumper wires across the break and make around 200 crimp connections and seal in a waterproof junction box to bury it... they did this in two locations where Voneus dug up the cables.

At present, now the faults appear fixed, I would like the speed restoring. The line sync is 11,127 with speed stuck at 8,800 max.

I tried a line test... it wouldn't complete, presumably because TR069 is disabled (message below). I am not entering into a chat session with Talk Talk ever again, it is too stressful, it take a ridiculously long time, the agent is clearly juggling customers because they are not responsive, they are patronising and lacking knowledge. I would rather tether off my mobile phone and ditch Talk Talk and find an alternative provider and pay the exit penalty. The formal complaint amounted to nothing and I had to fight to get £22 compensation for six months of aggrevation.

Your broadband connection is healthy but we could not identify your router

Our health check has been unable to identify your router or its software version. This could be because you are not using a TalkTalk router which we would recommend for the best experience.

If you’re experiencing any issues with your service, get in touch and we’ll be able to help.

Please note: our test may not have identified a very recent connection issue, so if your internet is down, please try again in 15 minutes.

Our health check has been unable to identify your router or its software version. (This is not uncommon; you may be using your own router instead of one that TalkTalk sent you.)

If your service is working fine, there's no need to contact us. If not, we’d suggest speaking to one of our team.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 36 of 37

Hi DarrenJackson1

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line tests are detecting a potential fault with the landline service. Is your landline working ok at the moment?

0 Likes