cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Speed Cap / Line Reset

DarrenJackson1
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 37 of 37

Please remove any speed cap and/or reset my line speed. Since the major fault fix in June my speed has never been restored to 12Mbps and is stuck on less than 8Mbps.

If you look at historic line statistics and speed test records you will see that the line regularly achieved 12Mbps.

0 Likes
36 REPLIES 36

Message 1 of 37

Hi Darren

Thanks for your reply.

If you do experience any further issues then please let me know on this thread.

I will also let Arne now that the fault has been resolved.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 37

Morning @Debbie-TalkTalk - the line has resynced a couple of times (most recently at 03:00am this morning). The line speed has gone up and down a bit a high of about 12,600 and now at 11,301. Speeds are just over 10 Mbps to 10.5 Mbps down and ~1 Mbps up. So probably as good as it will get, not the best it's ever been, but it's a lot better than the outages and ~6/7 we were getting since December 2022. I am happy that the issue is resolved; I am not confident it will last... Openreach has a habit of doing the bare minimum to get stuff working and Voneus digging the cables up has been a nightmare - I hope they are fully accountable for this!

If you wish to close the ticket and pass to Billing for finances to be sorted that's fine. Thank you for your engagement in the problem and continuing to push Openreach.

Regards, Darren

0 Likes

Message 3 of 37

Hi DarrenJackson1

How's the connection been over the weekend?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 37

Hi DarrenJackson1

The line test is clear and the line is in sync at 11.6mb.

I will check in again with you on Monday just to make sure everything has been ok over the weekend. I will also let Arne know about the fault.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 37

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk - please conduct a line test for your checks, that would be helpful. Providing you are happy with the line test results then please ask Arne to progress to fault close / compensation / repayment since December 2022 which in principle he has agreed is a fair request. For now I am happy that the service has been restored to it's potential. Thank you.

Message 6 of 37

Hi DarrenJackson1

Thanks for your reply. I'm so glad to hear that the speed has increased 🙂

The re syncs may just be DLM monitoring the connection and adjusting the profile. Would you like me to run a quick line test and check the connection stats/speed?

I believe my colleague Arne is also looking at your other thread. Would you like me to let him know that the fault appears to be resolved or would you prefer to monitor over the weekend first?

You're welcome, I appreciate how frustrating it can be when a fault is ongoing and you are not receiving regular updates.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 37

Morning @Debbie-TalkTalk 

There was some major disruption a few days ago (internet was off for several hours - like totally dead) and some cones out up the road - so I think that would have been when Openreach had the line apart. The line rate picked up, but the speed didn't so I left the router off for 30 minutes and after that the speed improved.

The current line rate looks much better, 11,595 vs. 8,800. Last resynced 9 hours ago (not sure why as it had been on for 24 hours+ before that).

I've logged a few speed tests through TalkTalk at around 10.7 Mbps over the last couple of days... not record breaking but over 50% quicker than a few weeks ago and since December 2022! Just checked again and 10.7 Mbps again. Streaming is better and seems to be more responsive and not buffering.

I am happy the repairs seem to have fixed the problem. Hopefully this is a lasting fix. It's hugely maddening it's taken about 10 months after the cables were dug up.

Thank you for escalating and for the good communications to we know what's going on. I am hopeful this is fixed!!!

Regards, Darren Jackson

Message 8 of 37

Hi DarrenJackson1

Openreach have now closed the fault as resolved.

How's the connection been over the last 24hrs?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 37

Hi DarrenJackson1

I've contacted Openreach again this morning and they have advised:

Traffic management required to complete the job. and works target finish date is 19/10/2023. 

Apologies that this fault is still ongoing. I will continue to monitor for updates.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 37

Hi DarrenJackson1

I've spoken to Openreach and they have provided the below update:

The fault is with second stage repair team. Traffic management is required to complete the job. The earliest possible completion date is 09/10/23 Please review back on 10/10/23.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 37

Hi DarrenJackson1

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I will speak to Openreach this morning and I will post back on this thread.

In regards to your bill, I will be unable to arrange a 50% refund, however I will also speak to Arne this morning about your topic/thread in the billing section.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 37

@Debbie-TalkTalk & @Karl-TalkTalk - what is actually going on?? What is so difficult about maintaining a reliable internet connection over 1.25 miles of phone line in a grass verge? This issue has been ongoing since December 2022. Formal Complaint - unresolvable. £22 compensation to date and I had to fight for that and was only paid £11 initially because of yet another TalkTalk error, 3 engineers to the house, many more in the street, probably 50 in the village for 15 houses this year. No update for a week. Please get my speed back to 12 Mbps where it was last year. Please get this sorted!!! Slightest sign of a storm within miles and the internet goes off and apart from 30m on poles everything is underground. It's totally ridiculous. If Openreach can't fix it... then put new infrastructure in. I am now demanding a 50% refund on my bills this year and a halving of future bills until we agree this is resolved - please own this problem, escalate and get this agreed at whatever senior level you need to go to. The billing department likewise have also not got back to me (Arne).

Absolutely p!ssed off. Sort it. It's 2023 and I need internet to earn a living. TalkTalk & Openreach are a total loss between you.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 37

Hi

any auto compensation is calculated after fault resolution and within 30 days.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 37

Morning @Karl-TalkTalk - thank you for the update; can you confirm payment of the compensation for the missed appointment please.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 37

Hi  

Apologies for the delay, I've had a chat with openreach and they advise that the job was stuck with their second stage team and they were unable to assign this to the engineer. They are having this manually progressed to trigger an appointment and have asked that we check back with them in 24hrs.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 37

Hi DarrenJackson1

I'm really sorry about this. I will speak to Openreach and post back as soon as I have further information.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 37

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk - thanks for checking. There has been no Openreach Engineer visit, no calls from them, I've waited in all morning and nothing... the internet has not gone off so I assume they have not even been on the network today. I haven't seen Openreach in the village either. So I assume that's Automatic Compensation please?

Let me know if the appointment is rescheduled so we can get this fixed please. Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 37

Hi DarrenJackson1

Has the engineer been in contact today?

0 Likes

Message 19 of 37

Hi DarrenJackson1

Openreach have now provided the below update:

An appointment is booked for 27-09-2023 AM slot so engineer will be assigned accordingly. This is an appointment to the property.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 20 of 37

Hi DarrenJackson1

This would need to be discussed with our Billing Team. If you create a new topic in our billing section then my colleague Arne can advise on this.

I can continue to provide updates on the fault on this thread.

0 Likes