cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Switching to Vodaphone but TalkTalk doesn't seem to be aware.

MLWLM
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Hi.

In five days (06/08/24) my 24 month broadband contract is due to end and my line will be switched over to Vodaphone.
TalkTalk appear to be unaware of this and want to charge me for the month as normal. I haven't heard anything about the switch from TalkTalk (none of the usual "stay with us" offers 'n' such).
I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and has it just gone through smoothly? Did TalkTalk only charge up until the contract end date?

Thanks.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi MLWLM

Your account is disconnected as of today 16th, there is a credit your account you can request as a refund via My Account. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Thank you.

The best I could get, after two hours of trying, was to end my contract in seven days, and, if there was no usage of the service, I would get my money credited back to me.
I'm not holding my breath though.
I have no Idea who is at fault for the error, Vodaphone or TalkTalk, but TalkTalk seemed to be convinced I was still using their service when all the evidence showed the contrary: Openreach confirmed the switch, Ookla confirmed Vodaphone as my service provider and TalkTalk's Eero had stopped connecting to the internet.

Despite all this, I have had a mostly positive experience with TalkTalk over many years, but if Vodaphone's service isn't up to scratch, I'll be less inclined to return to TalkTalk.

Thanks again for your help.

Message 3 of 9

Staff will not be back on here before Monday, @MLWLM.

The only way to be sure the Talktalk account is cancelled is by phoning 03451 720088: they do specify that in the cancellation link I sent you, to be absolutely sure that the company you are leaving knows about it.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi.

I tried the chat to explain the problem and was told to send an email to TalkTalk about billing. I did, and I got a reply from TalkTalkReply@TalkTalk.
They said:

"Upon investigating your account, I found that the cease order has not been completed and your account is still active. The account will be disconnected after TalkTalk has received the KCI3 from your new supplier, please contact your new supplier to complete the cease."

I contacted Vodaphone.
They said:
"I can see from my end as the tech team that the order is committed as I mentioned and as well it is committed on Openreach portal so the other provider should get the communication so once the service is completely live they should refund you the money again."

It is now live (06-Sept) and Vodaphone are supplying the broadband, and TalkTalk still thinks it is and are still billing me.

Not happy.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 9

Hi MLWLM

I'm really sorry for the delay.

Did you speak to our Loyalty Team to check that the cancellation was progressing?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

The Full Fibre switch process just isn't smooth like FTTC usually is, @MLWLM.

Better check directly with both companies exactly what's going on.

With Talktalk, use the phone number, not Chat for cancelling the service. Chat has to give you a follow up phone call, so you might as well make the call yourself at a time that's convenient for you.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Thanks for the reply Gliwmaeden2.

There is no phone number to switch from and Vodaphone are issuing a new one, and I am switching from TT full fibre 500 (FTTP) to Voda full fibre 500 (same FTTP).
Vodaphone have confirmed the date and are only sending out a router as no engineer is needed, which is what I assumed would be the case.
When I was switching from TT to Voda two years ago, TT sent me a confirmation, a final bill of less than a pound and an offer of a better deal. I stayed with TT in the end.
This time I'm committed to switching. I like TT and the full fibre has been flawless, but it's the having to spend ages chasing a better deal to stay loyal that drove me to switch to a provider that's £288 cheaper per contract length, and I don't have to keep using up my time every two years. Which ironically, I'm doing right now.

Thanks again.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Talktalk always charges the full month ahead, @MLWLM, and if you don't renew / leave it simply rolls on at full price month by month. 

Check Ts&Cs at the foot of any Talktalk page re the notice period. 

If out of contract, if moving your phone number and a traditional FTTC connection, the switch day suffices as the notice period, so you might be owed something back.

But if you are moving to Full Fibre or not moving your phone number to Vodafone, Talktalk probably knows nothing about it.

Did you ask Vodafone to take over your number? 

All details re cancellations, early termination fees etc:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

You are advised to call 03451 720088 to ensure that the cancellation progresses. They open at 9am.