cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

TV won’t connect to internet

TelfordEagle
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

The internet connection on my box has dropped off.  I have tried reconnecting but it fails to connect each time.  The problem doesn’t appear to the internet itself as other devices are still connected.  What can I do to get connected?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

TelfordEagle
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

Thanks, that has resolved the issue.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi

It does sound like a router issue, reboot the router and retest and see if it will connect.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

TelfordEagle
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

Looking at the router, the TV light is not lit.  Not sure if it usually is, but could this be part of the problem?

0 Likes

TelfordEagle
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

There was an error code when it disconnected but unfortunately I didn’t make a note of it.  Now it just says Wi-Fi connection failed when I try to reconnect.

It is a 4k box connected via wi-if.  I have turned the box off at the mains but not rebooted the router; reluctant to do that in case it affects anything else.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Hi

Any error messages or error codes on screen ?

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Which box do you have?

How is the box connected? Wired or WiFi?

Have you tried turning the box off at the mains and also rebooting the router?

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes