cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

TalkTalk Sagemcom Hub - WiFi Issues

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 94 of 94

Hi TalkTalk,

Hopefully you can help...

In March 2024 I updated my iPhone XR to an iPhone 15, since then my new iPhone keeps intermittently reporting "no internet connection" despite a full WiFi signal. A reboot of the router or the handset resolves the issue until it occurs again. All other devices connected via Wi-Fi continue to function as normal.

This is at both my own and my mums house that have the same model Sagemcom WiFi Hub.

At both locations with the Sagemcom WiFi Hub my car (Volvo AAOS) will not connect to the WiFi despite a strong signal.

My brother also has TalkTalk Internet but with Amazon Eero, my car connects fine there, and my iPhone's WiFi functions as expected, no intermittent reporting of "no internet connection".

Aside from buying an OpenReach VDSL2 modem and a set of Amazon Eero, are there any other options available to me?

iPhone is on IOS 17.5.1 but this issue existed with previous iOS versions since brought in March 2024. I've also disabled "Private WiFi Address" within iOS at locations with the Sagemcom router in case it was upsetting things. 

Volvo AAOS has recently had a big update from AAOS 11 to AAOS 12 and the issue persists.

Both Sagemcom Routers are on the latest version of Firmware.

Can you suggest a "next move" please?

Many thanks.

0 Likes
93 REPLIES 93

Message 1 of 94

Hi Andy

I'm so glad to hear this. I will feed this straight back to our Devices Team.

Message 2 of 94

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Since swapping over to the WiFi Hub2 there have been no instances of "no internet access" reported on iPhones 🙂

This applies to my own home and my mums home.

Both WiFi Hub2 are running firmware 174 (as were the original WiFi Hubs)

Message 3 of 94

Hi @AldridgeAndy 

Can I just confirm, you've not experienced any issues with the iPhone connections since connecting the WIFI hub2?

0 Likes

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 94

Excellent news, I hope that it’s a successful solution for you too.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 94

They are sending me a WiFi hub 2. 👍

DMHALL
0 Likes

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 94

@Deanosafc24  I can confirm that all is still working ok and “no internet access” seems to have been resolved. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 94

is your router n iPhone still working ok? 

DMHALL
0 Likes

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 94

Visually identical with the exception than the Hub2 has a brighter “white light” and has a telephone socket for “digital voice” behind a sticker on the rear. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 94

Are they any different to look at? 

DMHALL
0 Likes

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 94

When you next speak to the Faults Escalation Team ask them to send you a WiFi Hub2. I’m sure they will swap out without issue.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 94

FAST 5364

DMHALL
0 Likes

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 94

What model number is your new WiFi Hub?

WiFi Hub 2 is Model Number Fast 5464-1.T4

WiFi Hub was Model Number Fast 5364-3.T8

0 Likes

Message 13 of 94

I got a new Router off them but the problem is still there. Think I need a Hub 2. How would I know the difference? 

DMHALL
0 Likes

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 94

The TalkTalk staff on this forum asked the “faults escalation team” to contact me. 

The “faults escalation team” arranged for replacement WiFi Hub2 and then I returned the WiFi Hubs via my local post office. 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 94

How did you get the WIFI Hub 2s mate? 

DMHALL
0 Likes

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 94

@Deanosafc24 Since replacing the WiFi Hubs with WiFi Hub 2’s I’ve not experienced “no internet access” being reported on iPhones.

On Tuesday it will be a week since the routers were swapped out. If we can get to Tuesday without the problem reoccurring, I would think that there is a solution to the problem. 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 94

How’s it going? The problem is still there for me. 

DMHALL
0 Likes

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 94

I wanted to provide an update regarding my iPhone 15 and Sagemcom TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub.

It's still early days, but since the Wi-Fi Hubs at my own home and my Mums home were swapped out for Wi-Fi Hub2 I've yet to experience a "No Internet Connection" message within iOS, or an App or Webpage struggle to load. Also, battery life on my iPhone 15 is massively improved. As I type at 14:30hrs on Thursday my handset is reporting 93% battery, usually I'd be at 70% by my lunchbreak at 13:00hrs.

Thank you to all involved, and hopefully this issue now has a resolution. I'll update this topic in a couple of days with feedback which will hopefully still be positive.

0 Likes

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 94

@KeithFrench My Fast 266 has been a decent bit of kit to date, it was just the big change in channel numbers that it just seemed to struggle to cope with. But now optimisation has done it's thing I don't normally get too many changes if any.

0 Likes

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 94

@KeithFrench I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my Fast 266 is just doing what they all do. If I can get my iPhone issue resolved, then I'll be in a good place. If not then I may be asking you nicely for tips on hanging some Eero's off one of the Lan ports on the Wi-Fi hub 🙂

I can't ask TalkTalk for any more kit at the moment it's been a bit of a challenge to get the 5464 to swap out and test.

0 Likes