cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Unacceptable service from TalkTalk and OpenReach/Kelly Communications re. upgrade to full fibre 900

hawkerpaul
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

I was given a date to upgrade to full fibre 900 Oct 4th.

I contacted TalkTalk via chat on 25 and 26th Aug explaining I have scaffolding up and would this cause an issue to the installation. I was assured that it was not and it will all go ahead.

4th Oct, and engineer from Kelly Communications came out.

Would not install the fibre line from telegraph pole to my house due to scaffolding. He told me he would get the sack if he did this. It would need an OpenReach engineer for this. (so why wasnt one send in the first place??)

He did however install the box to my property and the line into my room, both of which were to a SHOCKINGLY BAD STANDARD. The boxes was way off level and he siliconed a cover to my outside wall which started coming off 5 minutes after he left.

I went back onto chat to explain the very poor work and the fact that he would not install the fibre line

I was then told that the work had been rescheduled for 8th Oct (Today) am

No one has turned out and I had no confirmation text off OpenReach

I have been on the online chat since 9am today to try to get to the bottom of this

I have been transferred to EIGHT different agents, and still I cannot get an answer!

The last person who spoke to me on the chat was Koushik over 20 minutes ago.

It seems they have given up. (probably nobody else to transfer my problem onto)

This is the 2nd day I have had to take a day off work on unpaid leave, and it looks very much if I will now have to take off a THIRD! All unpaid leave.

I have been a TalkTalk customer for almost 20 years now

To say I am extremely disappointed and angry with the whole process is putting it very mildly indeed.

Is there any way a manager can ring me directly and speak with me person to person, as I am getting nowhere with this

Thanks

Paul

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

hawkerpaul
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 5

Thank you very much Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear this. We'll check back with Openreach on the review date and will post an update back here.

Michelle

hawkerpaul
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Thank you very much for checking for me Karl.

The TalkTalk agent I spoke to online on Friday told me it was all booked in for today (so I took the day off work)

After not having any text from OpenReach I contacted chat again and was on the chat for well over 2+half hours and was transferred to NINE different agents! One of which said its booked for the 11th.

The ninth agent then said that this wasn't the case, and its down for REVIEW on the 15th! He also raised a complaint.

All this has been very disappointing.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi Paul

I've spoken to our provisioning teams who have checked with Openreach and advise that their notes are :

I can see that our contract engineer unable to complete the task due to survey required, OR engineer to visit the site, The task raised for Openreach engineer with required skills to complete the work and are trying our best to complete this work as early as possible. Our Next review will follow on 15/10/2024.

So this is still with Openreach but no site visit date has been specified.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.