cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Upgrade from (old) ADSL broadband to Fibre 65.

gmlack
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

For once, a positive comment, not a query about a problem....

My connexion underwent this change today.

Pity I didn't do it some time ago, as I went from 18Mbps down/0.9 up, to having 65/16.

Only (minor) adverse comment I have is that it would have been helpful if I'd been warned that there would be a noticeable gap in my Internet service at switch over.

It stopped working at 10am (line up at old ADSL speeds, but reckoned I had to login to use it - there being nowhere to do so). I actually started a support call at around 11:40 and while I was on the line the router reconnected (for the nth time) and came up with VDSL speeds. Had I been warned of a few hours break I wouldn't have worried.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi @gmlack 

Just to confirm, there is no TV charge / TalkTalk entertainment added to your account, so a TV Box will not be provided.

If this is something you do want, our customer teams can add TalkTalk entertainment to your account at £5 per month to cover the box rental, then dispatch a TV Box to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

They always put that - yes it is a nonsense for those of us who couldn't even use TV even if we had selected it.

I am on Fast Broadband, which equals ADSL, so even its title is a misnomer, as it is TT's slowest offering. 

Screenshot_20231201-105943_Drive.jpg

Even these supposedly individualised contracts are generic, and effectively a nonsense to the customer, @gmlack.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

You will not be sent a TV Box unless you specifically requested this.

That doesn't seem correct.

The contract I was sent said:

You have TV included. Your TalkTalk TV Box is included.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Hi

You will not be sent a TV Box unless you specifically requested this.

All new Accounts will mention TV as this will enable you to subscribe to TV Options via My Account such as Netflix and Now TV offers.

If you do request a TV Box, then TalkTalk Entertainment would be added to your account at £5 per month to cover the box rental.

If a TV Box is something you are thinking of, give our Teams a call and they can then add this to your package.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

gmlack
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

And I received an email about my TalkTalk TV being ready to go.

But I don't have the TT TV box - I'm assuming it will get sent now?

0 Likes